Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2018, 03:18 PM   #1
Ksupaul

Winterizing Lesson

New Cougar TT winterizing for the first time. Helped with a few previous trailers and fifth wheels, so thought I would be fine. Installed the kit at the pump, drained the tank and low points, and got the first jug of RV antifreeze ready. Turned on pump and faucet and let her rip. Sucked that jug down quick with just a little spewing out of faucet. Well must be filling up lines. Got second jug ready and turned on hot faucet. Sucked that jug dry before I even got any out into sink. Got third jug ready and damned if it didn’t take most of that jug to get some out of that faucet into sink.

Wait a dang minute almost 3 gallons and only bathroom sink done. And hey why didn’t the pump ever shut off on its own until we manually shut it off. Somethings up.

Looked under camper and drains closed. Walked around to control center and didn’t see any issues. Had a tarp laying close and noticed something on it. What is that wet stuff. Hey it’s pink. Did wife spill some out here. Wait a minute, does the city/tank valve need to be closed? Holy hell I just spewed 3 gallons straight out into the ground. SMH

Funny thing is there were some old timers working on a trailer. Wonder if they had bets on how many gallons I was going to water the ground with before I noticed it.
Ksupaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 03:47 PM   #2
notanlines

Paul, there is something cleansing about telling out on one's self. Most of us have been very, very clean at one time or another.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:02 PM   #3
Willie & Bev

I think we have all been there and done that and some of even have the "T" shirt.
Willie
Willie & Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:18 PM   #4
66joej

In my almost 80 years on this earth I don't think I ever screwed up. Well maybe twice, thrice, hey who's counting..

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #5
tundrwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post
In my almost 80 years on this earth I don't think I ever screwed up. Well maybe twice, thrice, hey who's counting..
Nah - you were just mistaken...
tundrwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:27 AM   #6
rjrelander

A couple pulled in late one evening and the guy must have forgot to fill the fresh water tank so he grabbed a five gallon bucket, went down to the water spigot, filled it up, came back and poured it into the trailer. I watched him off and on for a while thinking that it looked like a lot of work. After about the fourth trip I happened to notice water coming out of the low point drain. I was just about to tell him when he saw what was happening. He mumbled something, went inside, and all you could hear was him "discussing" the issue with the DW. Never did see them come out of the trailer after that and they were gone early the next morning.

Randi & Shirley
2016 Ford F-350 SRW CCSB 6.7L 4WD
2022 Forest River Vibe 26RK
rjrelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #7
thatdjguy

that spot on the ground will be free of ice all winter long!
thatdjguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterizing