Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2018, 08:34 PM   #1
Freeheel4life

Wildfire

Being a former ski industry employee(a lot of seasonal guys fight fire in between winters) and a traveler of the mountain west I just wanted to throw up a little shout out/best wishes in case theres some around here.
To the guys that lost their lives on the Carr fire, all the wildland firefighters, the fixed wing and helo pilots, equipment operators, and municipal fire departments that work to contain these monsters, THANK YOU!!
Hopefully a cool down and big rain event with no accompanying lightning comes along and helps out.
The photo is from Payette lake in McCall. This fire is near Council, ID and from the sounds of it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. Best wishes to the men and women working on it and all the fires out west this summer. It early fire season so really hoping for a reprieve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180727_151912.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	17735  
Old 07-30-2018, 02:25 AM   #2
notanlines

I concur completely! I hope these fires are under control shortly.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
Tbos

I agree these selfless individuals go above and beyond. Best wishes to all of them.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #4
66joej

^^^ Thankfully we are only experiencing smoke and no big fires yet. We love the trees and wildlife sure hate to see the devastation.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:16 PM   #5
Bolo4u

I live about 75 miles from the Carr Fire. The loss of life wether its public safety or members of the public is tragic. Every manner of kudos and appreciation should absolutely go to those fighting to contain this catastrophic situation.... but... there are also those who are helping with the fight and protection of lives and property who aren't firefighters. The State agency I work for has sent several hundred uniformed officers (3 from my office alone) to help with evacuations, perimeter control, patrol of the evacuated areas and the areas destroyed by the fires. Its always challenging to staff a closure only to have the public berate you for doing your job, trying to protect a given area from those who don't belong and allow the firefighters to safely work on putting the fire out. Not whining, just stating a fact.

Several firefighters and officers from various agencies living in the Carr fire area have lost their homes. I know it may sound selfish, but it always helps to hear the appreciation for EVERYONE who plays a role in dealing with these types of disasters and not just a select few. Feel free to flame away (pun intended)

For those interested, here is a direct link to CalFire public CAD incident website. It gets updated several times a day and has the largest active fires listed first. There is also a map link on the page where you can go and look at the fire perimeters and areas affected or threatened. http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents
Bolo4u is offline   Reply With Quote