Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
game warden

Question about antenna and connections

I have a 2012 303tg and the tv in the kitchen area works off antenna reception.What is puzzling is it seem that is the only connection that works.I took another tv and tried it on the side of the camper on the outside connection under the kitchen window and that was dead.then tried the connector in the rear bunk house where the amp is located and no tv reception .......any i deas for me to make them all work weather it is on antenna or cable or sat ????
game warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by game warden View Post
I have a 2012 303tg and the tv in the kitchen area works off antenna reception.What is puzzling is it seem that is the only connection that works.I took another tv and tried it on the side of the camper on the outside connection under the kitchen window and that was dead.then tried the connector in the rear bunk house where the amp is located and no tv reception .......any i deas for me to make them all work weather it is on antenna or cable or sat ????
The connection where the amp is should work with cable or antenna. Here is a silly question .... You are using a digital tuner set to antenna???
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
hankaye

game warden, Howdy;

I'll dig out my licenses shortly...

You might have to do as I did with mine. The wall plate with the amp connection, take it loose from the wall, and check to see if ALL the connections are good and snud (7/16ths. wrench works well). Then go to each seperate wall connection and repete. Check the connections on the antenna as well. I scraped off the sealent and found the connection that lives inside the roof was loose too. Reckon the "worker" that hooked it up gave each connection a few quick twists and then buttoned it up...

Also be sure that the green light (amp. ON), is lit.

hankaye

PS. http://www.winegard.com/kbase/kb_search2.php

Here's a page to help some more ie. which cable goes where in case it's wired wrong...

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
Seagull

After purchasing my Avalanche new in Nov 2010 I fornd that almost every RG connector was either loose or the wire was too short or bent. QC was not very good on my unit!!
Seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:40 AM   #5
DTJ9610

I have a 2011 303TG and have used the bunk house connection just fine. I'll have to check out the others next season as I never used the TV outside. Good luck.

Previous Trailers
2011 Jayco 17z

Previous Tows
2007 Toyota Sienna
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8 4x4
DTJ9610 is offline   Reply With Quote