Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Bentmaple5

Powering the factory supplied air mattress

We recently purchased a 2014 Keystone Passport Elite 28BH. Our coach comes equipped with a foldout sofa w/ air mattress. They currently have the power end of the mattress against the wall. Unfortunately Keystone does not appear to have provided a power outlet for the air mattress . I am mindful that this would require a power receptacle on the slide-out, which may not be possible.

So my question is, do others on this forum have a similar setup, and did your unit come equipped with a method of powering the air mattress without running a cord across the floor into the entertainment center? Or am missing a receptacle (not that anything would be done about it... knowing is half the battle)

Thanks for all your help, I am learning a lot on this forum.

Brian
Bentmaple5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
msp2jxr

Brian, our couch has an air mattress and is also in a slide. We slide the couch over about three inches and found an outlet below the arm of couch on the wall.
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
bsmith0404

same situation, but for us we have a breakfast bar that extends out from the kitchen next to the couch with an outlet above the counter top. It's actually easier for me to just plug in there than to try to get to anything down along side the couch

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:08 AM   #4
Bentmaple5

for the reply's. I went out to look. Our unit has a sofa and dinette on the slide. The sofa does not have a gap on either side of it (1/2" maybe on each side). I managed to pull the arm of the sofa enough to peer down the side of the wall... no plug I looked on the other side (the dinette side) as well as the floor. I will have to run the cord across the floor and connect it into the entertainment center, then disconnect it when full.

Looks like one of my first projects is going to be finding a way to get 110V power receptacle into the slide, or under the lip of the kitchen counter.

Thanks again for your quick responses.

Brian
Old 07-02-2014, 08:36 AM   #5
KYFamily

I must be lucky because we have an outlet right between the couch and dinette to power the air mattress. Ours did come with a battery powered blower if we ever lost power or wanted to put it in a tent. Did yours not come with one?
Old 07-02-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
Quad

Our Laredo also has an outlet on the slide wall between the dinette and sleeper sofa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2014, 04:19 AM   #7
PT RV`er

I tried to pull our couch out to look for a plug and after a few tugs it finally moved. I then realized they had screwed it to the wall. So one side of the couch is free because of the hole when the screw pull out and the other side is still attached.
Anyway, I found no plug in the slide out. I have a couch and dinette set in the slide. They did place a plug on the pantry wall next to the couch when the slide is open. Other than that I run an extension cord under the couch to the table for a table top light verses the overhead light.

PT RV`er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #8
LuvsPalmTrees

We also have the couch and dinette in the slide. Our couch has the air mattress. Our entertainment center is close enough to plug in behind the Television but we also have the battery powered blower so if we do have to use it we have either way to power the blower.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #9
BobnLee

We too have a plug beside the couch but it is so hard to get at i just turn the air mattress around and plug in to the rear wall behind the recliners.. when it is pumped up i just turn it around and put it back where it is supposed to be
BobnLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
Bentmaple5

Thanks again for all the responses . I was finally able to get back out to my camper and do some deeper investigating. Like PT RV'er I, sadly, do not have a plug. I was able to open the sofa bed up and look at the motor, and no battery option. That's okay. I will turn the mattress around and run the cord to the entertainment center. It will only become a problem if my wife decides she wants a TV on the bedroom wall.

Brian