Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #61
440justin

Richf28,

I to have the EcoBoost truck and the power these trucks make is real. The low end power of the motor is huge! But the talk about the 6.2 vs. EcoBoost is not about the power of the truck it is about the capabilities of the axle, frame, tires, and breaks.

I feel like we start to convince you the larger truck is the way to go, but then you talk to a sales person and you back to keeping your current truck.

Add you can see there are many of us on this form who are passionate about RV safety. We just don't want to see you end up with a bad experience or worse on the side of the road with a problem.

Sorry if I have come off to harsh. I really do want to see you end up in the right truck and camper.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2014, 04:46 PM   #62
richf28

Dont twist this. If you recall I was the originator of the post looking to upgrade. I am not backing the ecoboost but you have to admit there has been a lot of different opinions and answers. If I could find proof in facts I would be more secure. Until then I have no problem with what I now own. Like I said earlier on....I have been mislead by both an rv dealer and a truck dealer neither of which I will return to and it has cost me a great deal of financial difficulties and mechanical problems. I dont want to make the mistake again. Not saying any person here is right or wrong but there has been a lot of debate none the less.

Rich and Deb
Erie, PA
2011 Ford Screw with Ecoboost
2010 Keystone Hornet 28RLS
Hensley Hitch
richf28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #63
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by richf28 View Post
Dont twist this. If you recall I was the originator of the post looking to upgrade. I am not backing the ecoboost but you have to admit there has been a lot of different opinions and answers. If I could find proof in facts I would be more secure. Until then I have no problem with what I now own. Like I said earlier on....I have been mislead by both an rv dealer and a truck dealer neither of which I will return to and it has cost me a great deal of financial difficulties and mechanical problems. I dont want to make the mistake again. Not saying any person here is right or wrong but there has been a lot of debate none the less.
Like Festus said... chill

You ain't the first and you won't be the last that gets false information from a salesperson or dealer. It happens every day.

The sad thing is all the information you need to make an informed decision is available on the internet from sources such as Ford and Keystone if you only would read the fine print. Not to mention the many dealers and individuals who have many years of experience and college degrees in engineering to help you understand the pertinent numbers in forums like this and even YouTube videos. And yet you continue or ignore their advice in fear that they may have a reason to trick you into buying more truck than you need or less trailer than you need.

That's sad... and like I said... I give up.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #64
denverpilot

Quote:

I'll just toss this out there: The answer is on the sticker next to your door on the truck frame. If you want "proof in facts", that's good. Ford printed them and stuck them right there on the frame, by law. The numbers on the sticker are the definitive answer.

I've got family who attempted to tow something too big for their TV. They got it out in a crosswind with an inexperienced driver at the wheel and they ended up upside down in a ditch with 40'+ of TV and trailer, 400 miles from the nearest trauma center.

Luckily, they walked away with bumps and bruises and one had a deep cut on a finger. Also luckily, their insurance didn't look at the sticker, and paid. The TV and trailer were a total loss.

It was their first trip loaded. They had towed the trailer two states from where they bought it, parked it. Loaded it. Totaled it 600 miles from home.

Could have easily been a whole lot worse.

I'll stick to reading the numbers on my TV, trailer, tires, etc, and staying within them.

(By the way, I did talk to them and tell them they had way too much TT behind their TV. They said the same old thing, "the RV dealer said it will pull it".

Truck Dealers, online forums, RV dealers, best fishing buddy, whoever... if they aren't doing the math from the door frame, they're not doing me any favors.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:12 AM   #65
richf28

Dont know how everyone got the impression that im trying to cheat the rules. Im trying to get the right tow vehicle beford I go investing in a fifth wheel and allowing me to open my options on them. Trust me....ive been through the mill in the last investments and trying to prevent it from happening again. Enough said!

Rich and Deb
Erie, PA
2011 Ford Screw with Ecoboost
2010 Keystone Hornet 28RLS
Hensley Hitch
richf28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:32 AM   #66
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Dont know how everyone got the impression that im trying to cheat the rules. Im trying to get the right tow vehicle beford I go investing in a fifth wheel and allowing me to open my options on them. Trust me....ive been through the mill in the last investments and trying to prevent it from happening again. Enough said!
Right ON !!! "Been There Did That" myself, take your time and learn as much as you can so you can feel comfortable with your final decision. Lot of BS out there Many threads on the forum describing how to do weight calculations, not options!!

Weather finally breaking in our area

Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote