Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
duramax

satellite

So to all you raptor and fusion owners out there, how do i go about running three tvs off of one satellite receiver? can i place receiver at the main tv and backfeed somehow through the standard tv antenna jack or is it easier than that? I understand all tvs would probably be on same channel but wouldnt be an issue for me. Just curious what setups others do before ordering another receiver, and thank you for the replies this forum is some excellent help for sure.
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
dpkimmel2001

I do exactly what you've described and it works just fine.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
C130

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkimmel2001 View Post
I do exactly what you've described and it works just fine.
Exactly how do you do it? I tried to but didn't have any luck. I used a splitter and fed it back to the other outlet at the main TV. One line out to the main TV and the other back to the other outlet behind the TV.
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
flyinguy68

Just a guess on my part - haven't actually tried it yet.
First on my Fuzion I have the cargo bay with the Entertainment jacks near the waste tank valve handles. One is for "Satellite Prep" and the other is for cable.
Inside on my rig, the Satellite only feeds the main TV. the cable on the other hand feeds the Main TV, the bedroom TV, and the garage TV.

From your dish antenna, cable runs to your "satellite prep" jack outside.

Inside run a coax from your satellite jack to your receiver box input.

I use a HDMI cable from my receiver box to my main TV, so I still have a Coax cable out available to run back into the cable box which in theory should feed my other TV's which are connected to the internal "cable" wiring????

'11 GMC 3500 Diesel Dually
'13 Keystone Fuzion 360
Toys to be hauled:
'08 Can-Am Outlander 650 Max XT
'04 Honda 450 ES Foreman
'03 BMW K1200LT
flyinguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:18 AM   #5
dpkimmel2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by C130 View Post
Exactly how do you do it? I tried to but didn't have any luck. I used a splitter and fed it back to the other outlet at the main TV. One line out to the main TV and the other back to the other outlet behind the TV.
I'm using a Dish Tailgater system. I hook the satellite antenna up to the "Satellite Prep" connection that is located near my water hookups. Inside, behind the main television is the other end of the "Satellite Prep" connection along with the regular antenna connection from the roof. I hook the satellite receiver up to the satellite connection and then run a HDMI cable connection to the main television. I then connect the RF out on the back of the satellite receiver to the regular antenna connection on the wall behind the television. That connection feed the two other televisions in the 5er. I turn off the regular antenna amp and switch the other two televisions over to channel #3. We have to all watch the same feed but it works fine.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #6
SAD
Permanent User Ban

You guys doing this "back feeding" must be on Dish Network???

DirecTV hasn't had a receiver (that I'm aware of) that has a coax/RF output in YEARS. On my 5-ish year old DTV receivers, the outputs are:

composite
component
HDMI
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #7
DMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post

DirecTV hasn't had a receiver (that I'm aware of) that has a coax/RF output in YEARS. On my 5-ish year old DTV receivers, the outputs are:

composite
component
HDMI
Maybe not for HD but for standard definition it works fine on DirecTV. I have a D10-100 receiver that I use in my camper. It only works to backfeed after the receiver (after signal conversion) otherwise you would need to run different cables or replace the tees if you can access them due to different satellite freq, and of course add receivers to watch different channels independantly. Who needs to watch independantly anyways...your suppose to be camping right

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #8
dpkimmel2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post

composite
component
HDMI
Yes, mine is Dish but they do have boxes that convert the composite red/white audio and yellow video back to an RF out so that you could back feed. I use one of them to feed the TV behind my bar in my basement. They also make the same thing for component connections.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
Seabas152

Old post revisit. I do the same thing in my FZ260 for the satellite and works well. Problem is getting the OTA signal back out to the main TV. Another issue is I'm getting interference on the bedroom TV if I turn on the main TV. Even happens when neither have an AV connection.
Seabas152 is offline   Reply With Quote