Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Andymon

Christmas at the coast

We spent 5 fantastic days in Brookings, OR at the Beachfront RV park. The only good thing about the park is the ocean view and the tiny cafe that makes great food! Sites are ok but old. Hook-ups were a challenge as we had to run the slinky under a fence and could barely get it in the sewer hole. Had to pull farther forward than we'd hoped to in order to get the electric plugged in. Other than that and having our Coleman propane stove stolen we actually had a great time. Temps were in the low 60's during the day and high 30's to low 40's at night. Clear skies with great sun and the ocean surf was great to watch. The sheriff came by and told us that other people had had coolers and other stuff taken the night of the 26th so we weren't the only ones. Next time, put everything away and lock up everything. I'll try to post some pics in a day or two. this was our first long trip. It was about 150 miles each way. Hwy 199 has a few white knuckle turns but all in all it went well. My F250 got a solid 12.2 miles per gallon and I was very happy with that. We were happy to have my better half's sister and husband next to us. Great dinners together and a fair amount of excellent wine made for a very memorable holiday. Happy New Year to all you Keystone Campers!!

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #2
byrdr1

Glad you had a good trip. Hate your stove got stolen. Will the park replace it or you will?

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
Andymon

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdr1 View Post
Glad you had a good trip. Hate your stove got stolen. Will the park replace it or you will?
Park won't do anything so we will replace it. Glad the perps missed the storage bag and the griddle.

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:37 PM   #4
Ken / Claudia

That milege is about what I get now and with the 96 I had towing. We went to the beach house for a 3 day christmas stay. Ocean Park Wa. temps were 10 degrees higher than pdx, mostly clear sky, little to no wind. Ran the dog on the sand with seeing only several others each day. We had a Great time. Sorry to hear about the theft.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote