Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
homer3

327 RES Cougar 2013

Just curious if there is any owners out there that have experienced any problems with this model?
homer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #2
Povo

We have our new 2014 out for its maiden voyage this weekend. Everything seems to be okay. Absolutely love the layout! I've look at quite a few messages on blogs & forums about it and haven't seen anything negative.

Patrick

Central Oregon
2014 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ram 3500
B&W Companion Hitch
Povo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
HOPABO

Picked up a 2014 327res 3 weeks ago and just love it. We did have a problem with no heat from furnace and dealer put in a new circuit board, also the cougar control panel has a recall on it and we put in a new control panel. Had to unscrew the table and reposition it for more comfortable seating.
HOPABO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
mobile42

You will enjoy the 5th wheel as me and the DW do! We did have some issues with it but we learned to correct them with time. Our pipes froze in that brutal winter of February 2011 with the minus degree weather while traveling. The "Artic Package" doesn't mean a thing and will most likely freeze very quickly if you were camped out in 0 degree weather for even a short period of time even with the furnace running all the time to keep your water lines and tanks from freezing. I've done very slight modifications to ensure that I am better protected in freezing temperatures.

My RV came with the factory Towmax STR / PowerKing Tires and I sustained severe damage September 2012 from a single tire blowout that caused the whole left fender blown off and the metal skirting immediately located in front of the tire well and the exterior underlayment material was all disintegrated. I replaced my tires with Maxxis Tires.

I hope I didn't scare you! So please, enjoy your rig!
4000 Watt Champion Generator

2007 Keystone Sprinter 264BHS TT
2005 Flagstaff Forest River TT
mobile42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
fred1609

We gave a 327RES and love it. Had the microwave replaced and a couple of other small adjustments done but the trailer has been great.
fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
stefanis01

We have a 2103 that we just love, a few minor problems but that is to be expected, we did have a front hitch problem that was discovered this year when we went in the the front closest, the paneling was pulling away from the sides, what the dealer found out and had Keystone Warrenty it was the channel lag screws had missed the support 2x2 and we were getting a 1/2 inch deflection when the unit was hooked up. This was found when the dealer took off the front cap, they had seen this in an Alpine one other time. It was fixed and haven't had another problem again we love the layout and Keystone
Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer3 View Post
Just curious if there is any owners out there that have experienced any problems with this model?
stefanis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
pookie210

Just returned from our maiden voyage with our new 2013 327RES. Love this rig!! Of course there are the little things you find here and there for the dealer to tweak but nothing catastrophic whatsoever. We could not be more pleased with how easy this unit is to pull, park and setup. We spent a week dry camping. The 60 gallon tank was more than sufficient with one little top off during the week. We came from a unit that had a 100 gallon tank. Was concerned with the large drop in capacity but it will be more than sufficient for long weekends if we are not hooked up. We have a Honda 3000 generator that worked like a charm. Only needed the a/c once during the week but it ran flawlessly. The one a/c is more than sufficient to cool the entire unit so far. Of course we are in Ohio and it was only in the high 80s. May need more than one in southern climates. We may look into a fantastic fan for the bedroom instead of the more expensive additional a/c.

Only complaint, if you can call it that, is the panel lighting is very difficult to read during daylight. We are used to the old setup of brighter lighting that indicates the hot water heater and/or water pump are on. This panel is harder to read and we are not yet in the habit of remembering to check it before heading down the road. That will come with time and use. And we seem to be missing the pole that assists in opening the roof vent over the kitchen. No way am I climbing a ladder everytime it needs to be opened and closed. Next trip will hopefully be to a campground so we can hook up and enjoy. Happy camping!!

Cheers!!
The McKinney's

pookie210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie210 View Post
And we seem to be missing the pole that assists in opening the roof vent over the kitchen. No way am I climbing a ladder everytime it needs to be opened and closed. Happy camping!!
We have never had one of those poles! and I have never opened that vent. I use the stove power vent as it vents outside.
If it was like mine it is the only vent that has a factory vent cover on it!! but I have added one to the bathroom vent and added a 2nd AC to the third vent hole.
We love our 2011 model and will be loving more this week as I head out Wednesday am for 5 days
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
bridge4d

I got a 327RES in June and took it out for two weeks. Great trailer with lots of features. I only noticed a few issues. My model has the sectional leather couch and 2 rockers. One of the rockers is missing a crossbar on the front and bottoms out. Strange that they'd forget something like that. The sectional portion of the couch that pulls out doesn't have a locking mechanism, so it tends to slide off the track if someone sits on it. Poor design I guess but, I'll figure out some way to make it work right. Other than that, its been great!

2018 Montana 3731FL Legacy
2017 F350 Dually
bridge4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #10
inspecterbake

Have had ours for 1 year and have nothing but good times just wish it had a bigger awning.
inspecterbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #11
Mosnowman

Just bought 2014 327 RES...

This is an awesome layout! It feels huge inside! Only problem thus far is when I put a TV mount in the bedroom I didn't drill into any plywood? I had to use an anchor to hold the bracket and duct tape for extra security. TV seems solid but definitely will take down during travel.

I was planning on buying the 333MKS....someone on here posted they were too but saw the 327RES and bought it instead...so did we! Good luck!

2018 Ford F350 Diesel Lariat Crew Cab
B & W Companion Hitch
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote