Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #21
Beachnut

Hate to be a stinker,, but... It was 86 degrees and sunshine all day here on the Central California Coast! (Pismo Beach area). It was just like a hot summer day, except for shorter daytime due to the sun dropping into the ocean so soon! We just got back from a 10 day camping trip to the Ventura Coast line, Emma Woods State park, where we camped so close to the ocean that the High tides waves sent spray clear up to the trailer! It was days of mid 70's for highs, and mid 50's for lows! Tomorrow I am going gold prospecting inland, and it is slated to be high of mid 70's!

Of coarse, if this drought keeps up,, we will be drinking dirt this summer!

Beachnut
Beachnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnut View Post
Hate to be a stinker,, but... It was 86 degrees and sunshine all day here on the Central California Coast! (Pismo Beach area). It was just like a hot summer day, except for shorter daytime due to the sun dropping into the ocean so soon! We just got back from a 10 day camping trip to the Ventura Coast line, Emma Woods State park, where we camped so close to the ocean that the High tides waves sent spray clear up to the trailer! It was days of mid 70's for highs, and mid 50's for lows! Tomorrow I am going gold prospecting inland, and it is slated to be high of mid 70's!

Of coarse, if this drought keeps up,, we will be drinking dirt this summer!

Beachnut
BAAAAA HUMBUG !!!!! Somebody is "rubbing it in" LOL Enjoy your nice weather cause as you say, if the drought keeps up.......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #23
Courtland
Site Team | Emeritus

Well I might as well jump on the stinker train. I just got back from coaching my sons soccer practice here in Southern California, at 6:30 in the evening it was still 75 degrees and everyone was in shorts and a t-shirts it was so nice. It's now down to a blistering 68 and I am thinking I need to change out of my flip flops for tennis shoes when I go walk to dogs in a few.

Courtland
My buddies 08 Keystone Fuzion 362 when its just the guys.
https://www.keystonerv.org
https://www.desertriders.org/forums
Courtland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #24
Western Traveler

Cool

Left snow on the ground at my Montana home and had a shortened rifle season to return to work in Hawaii a couple of days ago. It dropped to 73 degrees here last night and I almost put a hoodie on.
Truth be told I would rather be back hunting at home.
The human condition...lol
Western Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #25
antiqfreq

yesterday it was 21... Fire place was going strong....

today 45.... yeah !

jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
hankpage
Site Team

I stopped the other evening at a Dunkin-Donuts for a cup of coffee. (decaf of course .. at my age no high-test after 4pm) I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt and there was another gentleman on line wearing a wool watch cap, down jacket and gloves. He was staring at me so I asked if some thing was wrong. He replied .. "One of us is dressed wrong." I said, It's only 52°F out. What will you wear when winter comes???? He must have been from California or Florida. Keep rubbing it in guys ... we can always put more clothes on to keep warm but in summer there is just so much you can take off before getting arrested or laughed at. Enjoy your nice weather ... I'm jealous, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #27
davidjsimons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Y'all might note that it is 26 degrees in Central Tx right now... Stores are selling out of bread and milk, gas stations are being inundated with folks fueling up and firewood is in short supply.
Thanks for bursting my optimism.

2013 Cougar 28 RBS
2012 Ram 3500 Dually
6.7 Cummins H.O.
4.10 rears.
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #28
gearhead

John, you know the way back down here. lol
We had a FROST around Houston yesterday. I woke up pulling for covers and had to turn the heater on for the first time. Been working away in the yard...re-mulching flower beds. Three trailer loads of cedar mulch and my back won't take any more.
Washed the Cougar this morning. Don't know why I didn't go fishing.
Supposed to be in the mid 80's Sunday. Jeez, I hate to fish on weekends.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #29
bobbecky

We woke up last Monday to 14 degrees, and Tuesday morning 19 degrees and didn't get over 32 during that day. Much better as the week went on, and we are staying just north of Kansas City, MO. Sure went through the propane, filled a tank every other day.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #30
outrider

Oh boy, am I glad we made it to Texas. Blistering hot today. (compared to Johns temps) 81 today and the windows are open and fan going. Beats Maine all to heck. .-)

Accompanied by Peanut
known as mouth with legs
outrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #31
JRTJH
Site Team

What a change a day makes ~~~~ Right now it's 51*F (It's midnight) and raining. Forecast is for thunderstorms tonight, clearing about 6 AM, cloudy until noon and then more thunderstorms with a high of 58*. Then SN** for Monday with a high of 32 and lows in the low 20's.

It's great to have the Cougar to sleep in, but I haven't figured out how to use it as a deer blind yet LOL

CRAAAAAZY weather for sure.... Enjoy those warm temps in the south. We'll be there in Feb or March, even if we have to put skiis on the truck to get there

Night all

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #32
allmi01

Well better late than never to the thread but I was up in the the northern LP of Michigan for the last 2 weeks. Deer season. No luck though. QDM (Quality Deer Management) hit us hard along with sustenance hunting buy the locals. Lots of deer, not too many racks.

Back to the topic, left home on 11/12 at 22 degrees. Filled fresh waer tank just before leaving. I had blown out all the water lines and anti-freezed the tanks and traps before. Went through that wonder lake effect snow for 60 miles and then hit the north woods at a beautiful 22 degress. Went to 18 overnight. Water systems worked perfectly. Thermostat at 70 stayed close to that. Went through a 100lb propane tank plus a couple of 30's in the 12 days I was gone.

The Cougar HC worked exactly as expected. Despite a lot of threads to the contrary (sorry Hank) the arctic package works as advertised, water flows and doesn't freeze as long as the furnace is on at a reasonable temperature (meaning 65 +).

John, gld to hear you had more success with the deer hunting than I did. Everyone cleared out of our area when the monsoons hit on Sunday. Only a couple of us hardy types hung around and enjoyed the beautiful snow and quiet of the woods.

Mike
Old 11-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #33
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider View Post
Oh boy, am I glad we made it to Texas. Blistering hot today. (compared to Johns temps) 81 today and the windows are open and fan going. Beats Maine all to heck. .-)
How's that working out today...
Old 11-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #34
Steve S

-6 here at night and no complaints, nothing freezing up,the furnace gets a little too hot at times even with a window open
I can't wait for snow
Steve S is offline   Reply With Quote