Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #21
ktmracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsurfer View Post
If a dealer is going to charge you you for a walk-thru PDI I'd walk right out of that dealer.

My dealer had a tech go through my camper with me as I followed a list I had printed out. Plus the tech actually tested stuff I had not written down, such as testing all the speakers inside, bedroom and outside.

Ron W.
x2 on my experience. When before we signed papers the salesman said to plan on at least 3 hours the morning we planned on picking up the trailer to do a "walkthrough" (e.g.PDI). he spent some time showing us how stuff worked (stuff I knew, but still nice to see how detailed they were) and most of it was us and him going through everything. DW did the "cosmetics" and I did the "mechanical" PDI. After about 3 hours we were done, went to lunch while they did a few minor fixes on some things we found.

No way they should charge you anything. I'd walk if they tried it on me.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #22
gmandi

i bought a Cougar 26BHSWE from Mike Thompson in california and they charged me for a starter kit but the PDI/walkthrough was free. took about a hour, found a few minor things they fixed and was off. i live down in San Diego and wanted to buy it closer by the guys at Camping World in San Marcos wanted to charge me $850 for PDI because they were "giving me such a great deal on the price of the trailer." of course you can imagine what i told them. I would recommend if you ever have a choice NEVER buy from Camping World and NEVER pay for PDI.
gmandi is offline   Reply With Quote