Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2022, 06:32 PM   #1
dddave

3/8 quick connect at outdoor kitchen

I have a 2021 Bullet 290BHS. The out door kitchen 2 burner stove is great, but connecting the 3/8 quick connect hose is tough, due to it being just the right length. if you want to slide the stove in after use you have to disconnected from under the trailer. I have to lay down to do this. I tried to order a extension hose to only use at the camp ground, so I can disconnect without having to get under the trailer, but every thing I have found is a 1/4 quick connect. where can I get a 3/8 quick connect extension hose for my RV. I have found 3/8 but they are for natural gas not propane, so the fitting is different.

if you have a link that would be great. I asked at the camping store, and was told everything is 1/4 quick connect now...my trailer is not even a year old????

thanks for the help!
dddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:42 AM   #2
NH_Bulldog

Are you sure the fittings are 3/8”? My camper is a 2019 and I have an outside kitchen and I use a 1/4” quick connect “Y” and an extension hose with 1/4” fittings so I can run my stove and gas grill at the same time. I found all my stuff on Amazon.

If it really is 3/8”, and if it were me, I would future-proof it and just switch them to 1/4” so parts are easier to find.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:46 AM   #3
jxnbbl

Last time I did this I bought something like this and added the connections needed - LINK
2023 Ram 3500 6.7L diesel, 3.73 ratio
jxnbbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:01 AM   #4
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddave View Post
I have a 2021 Bullet 290BHS. The out door kitchen 2 burner stove is great, but connecting the 3/8 quick connect hose is tough, due to it being just the right length. if you want to slide the stove in after use you have to disconnected from under the trailer. I have to lay down to do this. I tried to order a extension hose to only use at the camp ground, so I can disconnect without having to get under the trailer, but every thing I have found is a 1/4 quick connect. where can I get a 3/8 quick connect extension hose for my RV. I have found 3/8 but they are for natural gas not propane, so the fitting is different.

if you have a link that would be great. I asked at the camping store, and was told everything is 1/4 quick connect now...my trailer is not even a year old????

thanks for the help!
Find a propane distributor that furnishs & fills stationary tanks, typically they have what you want &/or usually can make up a hose in whatever configuration you need.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:08 AM   #5
dddave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Are you sure the fittings are 3/8”? My camper is a 2019 and I have an outside kitchen and I use a 1/4” quick connect “Y” and an extension hose with 1/4” fittings so I can run my stove and gas grill at the same time. I found all my stuff on Amazon.

If it really is 3/8”, and if it were me, I would future-proof it and just switch them to 1/4” so parts are easier to find.
I am positive it is 3/8 as I ordered a 1/4 quick connect hose on Amazon and it was too small. At the back of the trailer I have a 1/4 quick connect. Just the outdoor 2 burner stove is 3/8.
dddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #6
NH_Bulldog

Sounds like they installed whatever was on the shelf that day!
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 09:52 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddave View Post
I am positive it is 3/8 as I ordered a 1/4 quick connect hose on Amazon and it was too small. At the back of the trailer I have a 1/4 quick connect. Just the outdoor 2 burner stove is 3/8.
Why not change out the 3/8" QD fittings to 1/4" (that you can find) so any of your "stuff" will fit any of your QD fittings on the trailer ????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 09:56 AM   #8
Poppy

Instead of buying a new fitting, why don’t you get a longer pipe to extend the connection closer to the side of the trailer. That’s what I did and it works good.
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote