Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2022, 10:08 AM   #21
crowbar

No point in guessing what the people, tools, groceries, etc. MIGHT weigh. Just load it, weigh it, experience it and then make a decision on it. Have fun and be safe!

"He was bred in Kentucky, but he's just a crumb out here." - Curly Howard
crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 12:01 PM   #22
pawpaw

In an ideal word everyone would be driving a diesel dually. That's having foresight in case you want to get a larger camper. So far no problems with our Expedition towing our Cougar 25RDS. Had to re-adjust our hitch to disperse weight over the 4 axles and keep loads light. Every truck..engine..transmission etc. will be scrutinized by people who have never driven what you have so keep that in mind. I'm amazed how I'm still alive after seeing how little safety features we had since I was a kid almost 70 yrs ago. Now we have safety features but the drivers are worse!!
Old 06-06-2022, 01:26 PM   #23
hawghauler

Go get the biggest dang truck you can afford too much truck is like too much money a girl too pretty or a harley too fast and we all know that ain't ever gunna happen
hawghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 06:42 PM   #24
theboneskes

I'm waiting for all the guys with 3/4 and 1 tons to chime in how you overloaded and you shouldn't do it, yet they are towing 5th wheels that are 15k plus with a SRW pickup. Those are my favorite responses!

I'd say your fine with a F150 and that trailer. It's best to have a high quality WDH like Propride, Equalizer, Hensley, etc... don't drive like an idiot(keep it under 65) and you will be good!

Before you all jump on me, I'm towing a 2020 Keystone Outback 300ML with a 2003 Excursion 6.0 powerstroke 2WD.
Prodigy P1 Brake Controller
Used to own: 2006 Jayco 29FBS
theboneskes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, f150, tow, towing