Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2022, 10:23 AM   #1
curtiscapk

New Griddle

We were going to get a Blackstone for our outside griddle, but realized Best Buy
carries Cuisinart brand. I get points from work from buying pc accessories and TV's etc.

Here it is and it's massive!

I still need to season it. We won't get a chance to use it until next month. I'll let you know how it does.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220426_171903.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	39471  
2013 F150 5.0 2WD
Equalizer 4 WDH
Overland Park, KS
curtiscapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:25 PM   #2
RVGator

I didn’t even know Cuisinart made a griddle. Let us know how it works.
20k Reese Goosebox
RVGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:48 PM   #3
curtiscapk

Will do after using points I paid 3.25!

Here it is on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CGG...s%2C194&sr=8-9
2013 F150 5.0 2WD
Equalizer 4 WDH
Overland Park, KS
Old 04-27-2022, 12:53 PM   #4
Vinnie

Two separate burner controls for that little surface- should have way better control over heat distribution than the one-burner Blackstone!

Accidentally figured out easy seasoning on the small griddles- don't waste your time or the propane trying to burn the oil on evenly using the griddle itself. Treat it like a cast iron skillet and apply the oil, then bake the whole griddle plate (removed, of course) in your oven at 450 for a couple hours. Turn on all the vents and open a window or two, however, it'll smoke like a freighter!

Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:48 PM   #5
Buffettfan

On the line that Vinnie recommended, I use my gas grill to season my CI cookware. Outside, so the smoke isn't an issue, if this is an option for you.
I'm not familiar with the Cuisinart, but I have two Blackstones, and LOVE them.
I think you're going to like it.

Terry, Teri and Lucy
2020 Premier 24RK
'22 Ram 2500
We are the people our parents warned us about.
Buffettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:56 AM   #6
curtiscapk

Well we got the trial run in! Too big a batch of fried potatoes! Took way too long.

It did much better on HB patties and Sausage! Yep finally found my elusive patties! Went back to get more and they were all gone!

I did have an issue with eggs. I didn't use spray on the griddle or molds so they all stuck. Finished the rest inside...

They suggested not to use spray. Do you all use spray for eggs?

Other wise it worked great!

no I wasn't cooking sideways!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220514_180803.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	39775   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220508_160534.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	39776   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220515_083704.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	39777  
2013 F150 5.0 2WD
Equalizer 4 WDH
Overland Park, KS
Old 05-16-2022, 08:05 AM   #7
Buffettfan

Awesome!
I use butter for almost everything on mine, even a little on sausage and burgers.
I typically only use oil on fish, and then I use canola.
I don't use spray on mine for anything, but that's just my personal preference. Bacon goes straight on and I cook my hash browns in the bacon grease.
The more you use it and let it get seasoned, the better it will get.
I can play air hockey with sunny side up eggs on my 36, the 17 in the camper isn't quite there yet.

Terry, Teri and Lucy
2020 Premier 24RK
'22 Ram 2500
We are the people our parents warned us about.
Buffettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:13 AM   #8
jsb5717

It's very hard to pass up a bargain like that. I think you'll be pretty happy with your purchase. I've got the Pit Boss 2-burner table top griddle that I use at home. Once it's properly seasoned it's great to cook on and easy to maintain. Enjoy those spuds!

Edit - I keep a little olive oil on hand. A light coating before cooking eggs has them slipping around just fine. But, again, make sure your surface is well seasoned.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:32 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiscapk View Post
Well we got the trial run in! Too big a batch of fried potatoes! Took way too long.

It did much better on HB patties and Sausage! Yep finally found my elusive patties! Went back to get more and they were all gone!

I did have an issue with eggs. I didn't use spray on the griddle or molds so they all stuck. Finished the rest inside...

They suggested not to use spray. Do you all use spray for eggs?

Other wise it worked great!

no I wasn't cooking sideways!

That IS a lot of taters!! Are those hash browns in the last pic? Was that a messed up block of hasbrowns in the bottom pic, a mouse or......

The initial pic in the first post seemed to show an unseasoned griddle. Did they give instructions on how to season and break it in? They improve over time for sure. For sliced potatoes I can cook that many on my 22" blackstone but it would be too many and I believe it will be bigger than yours. From what I can tell in the pic I also cut them thinner to facilitate them cooking quicker.

For eggs I pretty much gave up on the griddle. I like them fried in butter, OE with runny yellow and whites just done. Too much trouble to me on a wide open flat top with spatulas. I just fire up my little "egg skillet" on the induction cooktop with some butter while I have other things on the flat top.

I do not use spray on my griddle. I will use oil or butter. One thing to keep in mind is to oil it after use but to also cook that oil off before a new cooking session or the food will taste like it was cooked in "old oil". Some restaurants do that and it ruins their food IMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:52 AM   #10
curtiscapk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
That IS a lot of taters!! Are those hash browns in the last pic? Was that a messed up block of hasbrowns in the bottom pic, a mouse or......

The initial pic in the first post seemed to show an unseasoned griddle. Did they give instructions on how to season and break it in? They improve over time for sure. For sliced potatoes I can cook that many on my 22" blackstone but it would be too many and I believe it will be bigger than yours. From what I can tell in the pic I also cut them thinner to facilitate them cooking quicker.

For eggs I pretty much gave up on the griddle. I like them fried in butter, OE with runny yellow and whites just done. Too much trouble to me on a wide open flat top with spatulas. I just fire up my little "egg skillet" on the induction cooktop with some butter while I have other things on the flat top.

I do not use spray on my griddle. I will use oil or butter. One thing to keep in mind is to oil it after use but to also cook that oil off before a new cooking session or the food will taste like it was cooked in "old oil". Some restaurants do that and it ruins their food IMO.
It is seasoned just not that corner. The browns come packed like that in a nice small box that's why we love them so much. You can pick out as many as you need. They never stick together. But they are hard to come by! Thanks I'll try butter next time!
2013 F150 5.0 2WD
Equalizer 4 WDH
Overland Park, KS
Old 05-16-2022, 09:57 AM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtiscapk View Post
It is seasoned just not that corner. The browns come packed like that in a nice small box that's why we love them so much. You can pick out as many as you need. They never stick together. But they are hard to come by! Thanks I'll try better next time!

Shoot, I think this time looked dang good! And on those taters; they always seem to cook slow to/for me. I even have a hard time getting pre shredded hash browns to cook without taking forever...even at sea level where I can boil a potato in about 2 minutes.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:34 PM   #12
Lnm6170

When we do fried potatoes on griddle , Dw has already cooked them the night before in microwave . Then in the morring put on some baccon on the griddle and then put on the potatoes and onions diced up , doesn't to as long
Lnm6170 is offline   Reply With Quote