Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2022, 04:50 PM   #21
NH_Bulldog

Joe! Small world!

Keep tracking the rail car and when CSX says it has been delivered, start checking United Road for updates. Right now United Road gives a status of “Inactive” for your truck. This means it hasn’t been unloaded from the rail car yet. Once it gets unloaded, it will show as “Pending Pickup” which means it is off the railcar and is in a HUGE parking lot waiting for transport. From what I can see your dealership has a lot of vehicles waiting there. The good news is that once you register your email, you will get an email every time a load leaves the yard for that dealer and again when the load is delivered to the dealer.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 07:11 AM   #22
falcondan95705

Happy Happy!
falcondan95705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:40 AM   #23
Camping family

While received an e mail mine has been built and shipping date 18-25 of April. But like has been mentioned above in other posts. They have left the option of the spray in bed line and the 5th wheel prep to the dealer. Which sucks bead liner not so much but the 5th wheel prep. It will cost me more for dealer to do then if it was done at the factory.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:34 AM   #24
LERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
While received an e mail mine has been built and shipping date 18-25 of April. But like has been mentioned above in other posts. They have left the option of the spray in bed line and the 5th wheel prep to the dealer. Which sucks bead liner not so much but the 5th wheel prep. It will cost me more for dealer to do then if it was done at the factory.
I'm planning on ordering one soon. But, I need the 5th wheel prep package, or why bother? If the dealer can add it, so be it. And I can have LINE-X do the spray in liner. I'm not positive, but I believe the LED lights are also off the table from the KR on down. I'm planning on a Lariat dually. Can anyone else confirm that? To the OP, very nice truck, enjoy!
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:45 AM   #25
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
I'm planning on ordering one soon. But, I need the 5th wheel prep package, or why bother? If the dealer can add it, so be it. And I can have LINE-X do the spray in liner. I'm not positive, but I believe the LED lights are also off the table from the KR on down. I'm planning on a Lariat dually. Can anyone else confirm that? To the OP, very nice truck, enjoy!
I can confirm the spry in bed liner and the 5th wheel prep package is being done by the dealers. After I received the e mail mine was built and sticker was posted. I looked at the sticker and seen the liner and 5th wheel package were not on it. I contacted the dealer and they confirmed fords was not doing those options any long at the time. Reason given it delayed the build and deliver time of the trucks.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 10:57 AM   #26
LERD

Quote:
I can confirm the spry in bed liner and the 5th wheel prep package is being done by the dealers. After I received the e mail mine was built and sticker was posted. I looked at the sticker and seen the liner and 5th wheel package were not on it. I contacted the dealer and they confirmed fords was not doing those options any long at the time. Reason given it delayed the build and deliver time of the trucks.
Thank you for that update. The LED headlights might still be an issue though. The other options I can definitely learn to do without.
Old 04-10-2022, 12:56 PM   #27
NH_Bulldog

Ford stopped accepting 2022 model year orders on 4/1. They will be focusing their resources on the order backlog (some orders going back 6-7 months). It is likely that they will not open order banks for the 2023 model year until late summer/early fall. If they start with a clean slate at that time, we should see more typical 12 week lead times. If you want a new truck anytime soon, you may want to start beating the bushes for something already in the order queue that is close to what you want or it may be a long wait. My friend ordered his in late January and was told last week that it may not get built until late July or early August (28 week “average” time from order to delivery).

2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) Important Retail Order Bank Update

After April 1, 2022 - Ford will no longer accept new 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) retail orders.

KEY DATES
April 1, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EST to submit new 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) retail orders
April 8, 2022: Dealers must complete the Retail Order Verification Process by 10pm EST for new retail orders to be considered for 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) scheduling

Ford will continue to prioritize existing verified retail orders pending supply/commodity availability.
WBDO will allow dealers to modify specs on existing retail orders after April 1, 2022
Body and PEP codes cannot be changed

New customer retail orders will once again be accepted with the opening of the 2023 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) order banks later this year
More information about 2023 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) will be shared at a later date
Old 04-10-2022, 03:57 PM   #28
LERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Ford stopped accepting 2022 model year orders on 4/1. They will be focusing their resources on the order backlog (some orders going back 6-7 months). It is likely that they will not open order banks for the 2023 model year until late summer/early fall. If they start with a clean slate at that time, we should see more typical 12 week lead times. If you want a new truck anytime soon, you may want to start beating the bushes for something already in the order queue that is close to what you want or it may be a long wait. My friend ordered his in late January and was told last week that it may not get built until late July or early August (28 week “average” time from order to delivery).

2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) Important Retail Order Bank Update

After April 1, 2022 - Ford will no longer accept new 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) retail orders.

KEY DATES
April 1, 2022: Dealers have until 10pm EST to submit new 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) retail orders
April 8, 2022: Dealers must complete the Retail Order Verification Process by 10pm EST for new retail orders to be considered for 2022 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) scheduling

Ford will continue to prioritize existing verified retail orders pending supply/commodity availability.
WBDO will allow dealers to modify specs on existing retail orders after April 1, 2022
Body and PEP codes cannot be changed

New customer retail orders will once again be accepted with the opening of the 2023 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) order banks later this year
More information about 2023 Model Year Super Duty, Escape HEV, & Transit Connect (Van & Wagon) will be shared at a later date

You know, that's just about the way of it. About a week or so ago, I received an email from Ford telling me how much they valued my Ford loyalty. (All Ford trucks for the last 35 years) They gave me a $2500 rebate to use not later than July 5th.

So does that mean if I need a new truck, my loyalty reward now has to get used on a RAM? SMH

And before the flames come shooting out, RAM was in the running anyway.
Just stirring the pot.
Old 04-10-2022, 04:22 PM   #29
Badbart56

I really wonder how the car dealers are staying afloat. We travel all over the nation and the car lots are WAY low on inventory, especially 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks. We went by Dale Earnhardt today and I don't think there were 50 cars on the lot and only 5 or 6 Escalades. And I think we all know that Rick Hendricks owns that dealer and about three hundred or so more. If he can't get trucks nobody can. Not a good time to be a car salesperson.

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 04:49 PM   #30
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LERD View Post
Quote:

Will the dealers be installing those options themselves or farming it out? ..seems like it’s gonna be another bottleneck and backlog at the dealership.

My Ram has a injection pump upgrade/ recall that affects all 2020-2021 Ram 6.7 Diesel engines…Ram announced it but when I call different dealers the service dept tells me they have no idea when the parts will arrive or how they will get to all the many trucks involved…don’t think they have the manpower to do them in a timely fashion
Old 04-10-2022, 07:55 PM   #31
wiredgeorge

Just looked at Red McCombs inventory in San Antonio and they seem to have a decent selection of Super Duty trucks. Oddly, the F450s were mostly 7.3L gas. They had 250s and 350s as well.
https://www.saford.com/searchnew.asp...%20F-450%20DRW
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 03:00 AM   #32
notanlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Just looked at Red McCombs inventory in San Antonio and they seem to have a decent selection of Super Duty trucks. Oddly, the F450s were mostly 7.3L gas. They had 250s and 350s as well.
https://www.saford.com/searchnew.asp...%20F-450%20DRW
I believe the gas engine is not available in a standard bed, only with a chassis-only configuration for commercial/industrial use.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 04:45 AM   #33
Ccrew

What you order isn't necessarily what you get. Interestingly enough mine shipped without parking sensors, and without the heated/cooled rear seat. Our German Shepherd that travels with us is PISSED!
Ccrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 01:29 AM   #34
John&Genny

Quote:
No clue when I might get mine. They keep changing the production date.
You do realize that some options ordered on a new Ford Truck almost guarantee it won't be built anytime soon? Things like Adaptive Steering, the 5th Wheel Prep package, Spray-In Bedliner, etc. In fact, some of these items are not even listed on the Ford site anymore as available options.

I ordered my F-350 the first part of September and it wasn't delivered until mid February. I did have the 5th Wheel prep and bedliner, but that was before they really became scarce.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 02:59 AM   #35
NH_Bulldog

On Blue Oval Forums you can look up current build constraints. Adaptive steering is a huge no-no, but there are trucks being built with bedliners and 5th wheel prep, although it slows things down because they go offsite after being built for those to be added. Many folks are dropping those from the factory order and having the dealer do them prior to delivery. The only commodity constraint on mine was the twin panel moon roof, but it didn’t seem to delay things since I was 12 weeks from order to delivery, which I consider normal.

Another interesting note is that up here in the Northeast, the in-demand trucks like mine have the 7.3L gas and the ones sitting on dealer lots are the 6.7L diesels
Old 04-15-2022, 03:23 AM   #36
Marinerjoe

G’mornin’ Rob,

In a few hours I take delivery of my truck! Thanks again for assisting me with the United Road tracking. I was able to watch it get offloaded from the truck, and the driver let me look around inside after he parked it. Looking forward to getting behind the wheel and taking it for a ride. Not sure if I’m gonna need to get a small step for my wife to get in.

I’ll be sharing my photos on BOF after I get them, and will update my signature photo here after I get the new draw bar for my Andersen and hook up to the camper.
TV: 2022 Ford F-350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB
Marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 07:51 AM   #37
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerjoe View Post
G’mornin’ Rob,

In a few hours I take delivery of my truck! Thanks again for assisting me with the United Road tracking. I was able to watch it get offloaded from the truck, and the driver let me look around inside after he parked it. Looking forward to getting behind the wheel and taking it for a ride. Not sure if I’m gonna need to get a small step for my wife to get in.

I’ll be sharing my photos on BOF after I get them, and will update my signature photo here after I get the new draw bar for my Andersen and hook up to the camper.
Do your wife, & yourself, a favor & have the Amp Steps installed, they're a bit pricey but your wife, & you, will really like them especially on them tall Fords.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:37 PM   #38
NH_Bulldog

Joe, I was happy to help! Enjoy the new truck. My wife brought a step stool as a joke when we picked ours up but she actually needed to use it. I am still trying to figure out the best way to get in and out of this beast and I am 6’4” lol
Old 04-15-2022, 06:08 PM   #39
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
Joe, I was happy to help! Enjoy the new truck. My wife brought a step stool as a joke when we picked ours up but she actually needed to use it. I am still trying to figure out the best way to get in and out of this beast and I am 6’4” lol
The picture shows running boards, what is the issue.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 03:09 AM   #40
NH_Bulldog

Just still trying to get used to it ( only had it for a week and don’t use it every day). Our prior truck we could get in and out easy enough, but age, a bad right knee and having a tall truck with running boards to stand on takes some getting used to.