Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2022, 05:22 PM   #41
Jpbarrett

2022 Keystone Cougar 32BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackinDixie View Post
Marshall (and others....). We have HEAT!!!

I dug down a bit further online, rephrased my search query and found a post on the redwoodowners.com/forum that had experienced the same problem with their In-Command system not displaying a temperature thus the heat (or air...) would not come on.

The FIX: Disconnect shore power, and turn the BATTERY DISCONNECT switch to OFF. Wait 10 seconds (I waited 30 seconds this time....), and turn the BATTERY DISCONNECT switch back to ON. Reconnect shore power cable.

This will cause the DC to 'reboot' and WALLAH, we have Zone Temperature Displayed and the furnace powered up right away! (I had tried the battery disconnect switch on/off earlier... guess I didn't wait long enough for the DC to reboot before switching the battery back to ON.)

All is good. Guess the moral of my story is to dig a little deeper online next time. Hope this post will save another Keystone Forum member a lot of aggravation. Also, it never fails that these issues happen to me on the weekend when there is no Tech Support available.

The jury is still out on whether I like the In-Command System or HATE IT! Right now I am leaning toward the later....
This was a huge help. Live in the northeast and took the camper out for the first time in April with my wife and 10 month old son. Needless to say it’s cool out and temps are expected to be sub 30 overnight. I thought I was not fully understanding the In command system to turn the heat on. I was furious and of course trying to make calls to customer service to understand why the heat wouldn’t work in a $70k rv. Of course nobody answered because it was after hours, (which is also BS when you spend that money), but stumbled upon this. Disconnected shore power and turned the battery service to off, probably for about 5 minutes…. Enough time to slam a bud latte…. Turned it back on and had the ambient temp display for the first time. As soon as I set the temp they heat clicked on. Wife and baby sleeping great, me drinking bud lattes by a fire on a cool night and happy again.
Jpbarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 03:46 PM   #42
Vagabondage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackinDixie View Post
Marshall (and others....). We have HEAT!!!

I dug down a bit further online, rephrased my search query and found a post on the redwoodowners.com/forum that had experienced the same problem with their In-Command system not displaying a temperature thus the heat (or air...) would not come on.

The FIX: Disconnect shore power, and turn the BATTERY DISCONNECT switch to OFF. Wait 10 seconds (I waited 30 seconds this time....), and turn the BATTERY DISCONNECT switch back to ON. Reconnect shore power cable.

This will cause the DC to 'reboot' and WALLAH, we have Zone Temperature Displayed and the furnace powered up right away! (I had tried the battery disconnect switch on/off earlier... guess I didn't wait long enough for the DC to reboot before switching the battery back to ON.)

All is good. Guess the moral of my story is to dig a little deeper online next time. Hope this post will save another Keystone Forum member a lot of aggravation. Also, it never fails that these issues happen to me on the weekend when there is no Tech Support available.

The jury is still out on whether I like the In-Command System or HATE IT! Right now I am leaning toward the later....
Thank you!!!
I was actually having an issue with the max air fan with the rain sensor. I could not get it to respond no matter what I did.

Looking over the in command display, I noticed that I didn't have a zone temp. I thought it was odd and began trying to play with my furnace and AC. Obviously nothing kicked on and that made me think that my fan issue was connected to some sort of furnace issue.

Long story short, I unplugged from shore and switched off the DC. Waited. Then turned it back on and my zone temp is back and my fan works! Thank you again!!
Vagabondage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 05:07 PM   #43
LHaven

I'm on my tiny phone screen, so I can't check whether or not it was in this thread or another thread where someone explained that the actual cause of this problem is a missing terminator in the gateway unit. Resetting power to the system will fix it temporarily, but not permanently. The real fix is to get the terminator installed in the gateway unit the way it should've been at the factory, then these problems will go away permanently.
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 11:36 PM   #44
ChuckS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I'm on my tiny phone screen, so I can't check whether or not it was in this thread or another thread where someone explained that the actual cause of this problem is a missing terminator in the gateway unit. Resetting power to the system will fix it temporarily, but not permanently. The real fix is to get the terminator installed in the gateway unit the way it should've been at the factory, then these problems will go away permanently.
If the EOL terminating resistor was not installed at all the system would not work properly at all..

CANBUS MUST HAVE and EOL ( End of Line ) terminating resistor in the LAST device in the loop so that the CANBUS knows what is on the line...

The REAL ISSUES with the In Command system are:
.. Lousy gateway - the relays have a history of not properly working and can latch and if one latches or fails that device will not work or wont work correctly
.. Customer support from Dometic - their customer support with the In Command and their HVAC air conditioners is lacking
.. lack of trained RV technicians with regards to how to troubleshoot a CANBUS controlled device ( no test equipment, no laptop to plug into the CANBUS and montior

The concept is good but many cannot understand how the BCM interacts with the HVAC as well as any and all other items that have been tied into the loop..

ASA Jensen has been pretty good with their customer support helping folks upgrade their firmware, fix their floor plans and address other issues...

They also have a darn good website with good manuals, quick reference info, wiring diagrams...
https://in-command.net/control-systems/

NOTE *** If you are having to constantly remove 12 volt DC power to reset the HVAC systems what it means is the GATEWAY is failing and will get worse and worse upon each power cycle and will eventually FAIL completely and will not reset...

A better gateway and better support from Dometic regarding the cheap gateway is the answer

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:02 AM   #45
ChuckS

Campaign letter for In Command HVAC issues
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A4032CB2-030C-4A3D-9291-A6393AB43D21.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	40017   Click image for larger version

Name:	B818BCC7-3607-4AF1-8954-9B7AE3F968F6.jpeg
Views:	197
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	40018  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:04 AM   #46
4Buck

Must be only for the Couger, My Alpine has the two smaller air return grills for each AC?
4Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:33 AM   #47
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Buck View Post
Must be only for the Couger, My Alpine has the two smaller air return grills for each AC?
Yep. The letter starts with, "...we are conducting a Customer Satisfaction Campaign at no charge to you for your 2021-2022 Cougar Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels."

This may be the first of several "Customer Satisfaction Campaigns" to be issued and depending on the brand/model of air conditioner/heat pump that is installed, the instructions on how to check/install the EOL resistor will probably be different.

I wouldn't discount that your trailer is not involved and would "stay tuned for possible future mail from Keystone"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 04:22 PM   #48
Jake's Keystone

Talking NOT In-Command

So our 2022 316RLS(our first camping trip this season with it) had the In-Command tablet freezing, couldn't access any of the items to view(tanks, operate lights/HVAC...) it also kept rebooting, and yes i seemed to be having different issues that the OP but I did have the APP loaded on my phone and it always seemed to work to operate and view items. I too called ASA, did some very minor troubleshooting and they sent me a new tablet. Shipped to Canada under a week, excellent service. I'll have to set that up when I get the RV back for a list of warranty work (fridge never worked, fresh tank water leak) but I'll post something on that once I have more info in its own post.

2022 GMC Sierra HD AT4
2022 Cougar 3169RLS
New and Traded
Jake's Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 04:28 PM   #49
JShort880

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Yep. The letter starts with, "...we are conducting a Customer Satisfaction Campaign at no charge to you for your 2021-2022 Cougar Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels."

This may be the first of several "Customer Satisfaction Campaigns" to be issued and depending on the brand/model of air conditioner/heat pump that is installed, the instructions on how to check/install the EOL resistor will probably be different.

I wouldn't discount that your trailer is not involved and would "stay tuned for possible future mail from Keystone"......
Keystone Fuzion 379 here. I've ran multiple reset attempts without success so I'm assuming I'm involved in this situation as well!

Only difference for my situation is my bedroom AC only started showing -f after It had frozen up and had some water come pouring out of it. I'm going to contact both Keystone and ASA tomorrow as I've tried everything reset wise that I can think of to get everything communicating again.

I'll figure it out this by this weekend though and update everyone. I like my bedroom AC freezing and we are full-time. So I'm motivated.

Unless there is another consideration to take into play due to the water. Wiring looks pretty solid so I'm not assuming it affected anything.
2021 Ford F450
JShort880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 01:19 PM   #50
4Mrfisherman!

Thank you

I was camping in 105F yesterday when the A/C shut off. I searched hi and low in the trailer for the issue. I broke down and questioned the internet. Your posting on the In Comand system was the same. I followed your path and Walla we were saved.
Thank you,
Sean 2022 316rls
4Mrfisherman! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 01:23 PM   #51
4Mrfisherman!

I had this happen yesterday in 105f heat. No A/C and no zone temp. I followed your path and walla all better.
4Mrfisherman! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 02:36 PM   #52
JackinDixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Mrfisherman! View Post
I had this happen yesterday in 105f heat. No A/C and no zone temp. I followed your path and walla all better.
Glad I was able to help. I figured I wasn't the only one that would experience the DC reboot problem. Taking a few minutes to help a fellow RVer by documenting what worked for me is what these forums are all about.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend! Stay 'cool' out there...

Jack
Branford, FL
JackinDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2023, 06:16 PM   #53
LHaven

Curiously, I was advised by an ASA factory tech that the inCommand DCM should be manually rebooted "every week or so!"

I haven't been that taken aback since a Quest tech told me that my DSL modem needed to be power-cycled at least every two weeks (and proved to me that it made a difference)!
Old 07-24-2023, 12:13 AM   #54
JackinDixie

I've only experienced the 'no temp reading in either zone' once more since my first post. Will keep the weekly reboot in mind.

Thanks again!
Branford, FL
JackinDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 12:39 PM   #55
flybouy
Site Team

I don't want any part of the never in- command system unless they add control, alt & delete buttons.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 01:32 PM   #56
LHaven

It's built on Android, and comes with a USB jack, so have at it!