Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2022, 05:17 AM   #21
hawghauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftee View Post
We have a new Outback 324CG with the front garage. It's limited to 1,000 pounds up there, but I have no need for sleeping accommodations in the garage, so I was able to remove both folding bunks. I replaced them with a shelf for tools, gear, and parts. About a wash, weight-wise. I bought the rig primarily for hauling two race bikes and a pit bike to vintage motocross races. To that end it works spectacularly. Lots of room for the three bikes plus gear, tools, gas, etc. I put "Lock n Load" bike shoes in for the race bikes and a generic chock for the pit bike. In a pinch, I can get a fourth dirt bike in facing out. Installed a lot of e-track to give me multiple tie-down options.

Everything is held down with though-bolts and large washer plates, since the floor is just thin luan plywood sheets sandwiching foam. Wherever possible, I bolted through a crossmember or the trailer frame rail. The really tough part was getting the damned "Arctic Barrier" plastic down and out of the way so I could access the bottom of the garage. I am pretty happy with the results.

Nice setup

But " real men " ride Maicos 😉
hawghauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage