Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
phoneman16

Cougar 327RLS Remote

I have a remote for all of the slides, landing gear, awning and docking lites. Now all of the listed items will not work from the control panel and the remote itself will not turn on. It has a good battery in it as the light in it works but just does not display any menu's at all. Due to my first experience with this remote, I found out that it overrides docking light switch hardwired on the camper and I think it might override all of the functions that it controls.
I am hoping that its just something wrong with the remote. There is some sort of reset switch on the electronics PCB for the remote but it did not help anything.
The camper is only 1 month old and is on a permenent site, always connected to shore power.
Any Idea's?
phoneman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
chuckretnav

Exclamation Remote

Hi Phoneman, sounds like you have more than a remote problem. Everything should work from the control panel. The remote really dosnt overide the control panel. Right now my battery is dead in my remote. (1 year old) but when the battery was working I used both.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:37 AM   #3
phoneman16

Ok learned alot yesterday from the service tech. The problem with all of the slides and the electric awning not working was due to a dead battery. This was caused by me! I now know the battery disconnect works.I was reading it as Battery Disconnect off meaning the disconnect is off not battery being off. DOH!!! Its a leaning curve.
The remote is just dead and needs to be replaced

2011 RES327 Cougar
'06 Jeep Liberty
phoneman16 is offline   Reply With Quote