Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
THedges

Outside Shower

One of the updates we have done to our 2010 Springdale is to replace the outside shower faucet to a model with a quick-release hose/head assembly.

From the factory, to close the shower compartments door, the hose had to be pushed inside the wall which goes under the bathroom sink. This prevented us from utilizing valuable storage space.

I found the new faucet on-line for under & $50 and installed it in under a 1/2 hour.
THedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #2
Flyguy

Our last trailer had an outside shower. The hose wrapped around the faucet to close the cover and while it never interfered with the storage under the sink it was always a pain and kept breaking. I replaced the whole thing little by little. First the shower head, then the hose, then the water lines that teed off of the sink's water lines, then the entire water valve assembly. Our Springdale doesn’t have an outside shower and I have no plans to install one!
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy View Post
Our last trailer had an outside shower. The hose wrapped around the faucet to close the cover and while it never interfered with the storage under the sink it was always a pain and kept breaking. I replaced the whole thing little by little. First the shower head, then the hose, then the water lines that teed off of the sink's water lines, then the entire water valve assembly. Our Springdale doesn’t have an outside shower and I have no plans to install one!
What a poor design. In my tango trailer which IMHO was a rock solid build trailer it was one of my few complaints. The access panel for the outside shower just happened to be right behind the spare tire. Not convienient a real pain to open and close.

In my Cougar 325srx I'm happy with the outside shower.. My new unit it is tucked inside of the side hatch and has the cold and hot taps with a quick connection. I have a 10 foot coiled hose hooked up and bought a cheap plastic garden sprayer for the end. It won't see much use, but I'm sure when I need it for a sewer hose or spraying off the odd whatever will come in handy..

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #4
Bob Landry

Too bad the little cubby hole that all of the shower stuff is in isn't big enough to store anything, because the outdoor shower is jut about worthless.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
jje1960

Outside shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxzd View Post
In my Cougar 325srx I'm happy with the outside shower.. My new unit it is tucked inside of the side hatch and has the cold and hot taps with a quick connection. I have a 10 foot coiled hose hooked up and bought a cheap plastic garden sprayer for the end. It won't see much use, but I'm sure when I need it for a sewer hose or spraying off the odd whatever will come in handy..
Outside shower is going to be one of our favourite accessories! Down at Myrtle (or outer banks) we (like 4 of us) spend major time on the beach... the outside shower is going to save the sanity of all that sand in the unit! Bought a cheapo garden sprayer, fits in the large compartment that the outside shower is in and have hot/cold water for the rinse off! Also, when rinsing/washing stuff that needs hot/warm water to clean (like bbq) have everything we need.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
Outside shower is going to be one of our favourite accessories! Down at Myrtle (or outer banks) we (like 4 of us) spend major time on the beach... the outside shower is going to save the sanity of all that sand in the unit! Bought a cheapo garden sprayer, fits in the large compartment that the outside shower is in and have hot/cold water for the rinse off! Also, when rinsing/washing stuff that needs hot/warm water to clean (like bbq) have everything we need.
Makes total sense for the beach. We do alot of lake camping and it's usually less sandy beaches and more rocky shoreline than anything..

I bought the cheap garden sprayer too. We don't do much beach camping, not by choice.. Waterfront camping is quite rare throughout British Columbia and Washington State. There is one place near Whistler called Porteau Cove which is nice but it's more of a scuba diving haven. Other than Whitby Island in Washington State which has several state parks near ocean, it's nearly the Washington/Oregon Border before you get real beach front RVing. There is the olympic national forest which is beautiful but wow is it a drive to get there. If you look on a map from BC you have to drive way past seattle and back track all the way up the coast nearly to the same latitude as seattle. That is unless you take a ferry boat which oversided vehicles become an issue.. Anyway.. if its not summer on the pacific ocean then you're really going to need that outside shower with the hot water on full blast! That good old pacific ocean doesn't get too warm until you reach southern California.

Less than One month to go and on route to california.. So with any luck we'll need that outside shower to wash off the sandy beaches and the bbq!

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote