Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
tnd2

Bike rack build

We wanted to add a bike rack to our Copper Canyon 2991RLS, I built it with plans on future growth in mind.

IMG_4208e copy by tnd2, on Flickr

IMG_4206e copy by tnd2, on Flickr

IMG_4210e copy by tnd2, on Flickr
Old 09-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #2
tampacamper

Look Great!!!!

How much weight do you think it would hold? My son is in a wheel chair and I've been thinking about doing that to take his power chair with us.
tampacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
tnd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampacamper View Post
Look Great!!!!

How much weight do you think it would hold? My son is in a wheel chair and I've been thinking about doing that to take his power chair with us.
Im not an engineer, but my brother has a couple hitch haulers that were made to haul a 600# atv on, they only have a single hitch insert, and are thinner materials then I used.

Just found this
http://www.joehauler.com/quadhaulers/quadhaulers.shtml

With the 2 hitch design 500# should be no problem. The limit will be your hitch weight. I installed another battery, and plan on moving the spare which was bumper mounted to under the a-frame.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #4
Ruffus

Talking Legal asspect

Being a retired Deputy Sheriff I'm always looking at the negative. Really nice Bike Rack but they cover your tail lights really good. If I was on patrol and wanted to screw with someone that would be a good starter.
Ruffus
Curt Q24 hitch for in bed puck system
Fulltimng.
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
tnd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffus View Post
Being a retired Deputy Sheriff I'm always looking at the negative. Really nice Bike Rack but they cover your tail lights really good. If I was on patrol and wanted to screw with someone that would be a good starter.
Ruffus
Thanks for the input, if you look at the pic from the rear you'll notice the black areas on either side of the reflective tape is where the led stop/turn/brake lights will be mounted. No reason to ask for a ticket, much less it will be safer that way. I ran out of time to wire it up, and since we were traveling only in the day I took the chance on this trip, it's on next weeks schedule to finish it before our next trip.