Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
bennydog

Shocks for TT

Was having a conversation with a fellow camper this past week about trailers. He owned a Komfort and was asking if our Cougar had shock absorbers as his did and it really made for a much smoother ride. Of course I said no as ours does not. Do any Cougar travel trailers have shocks? As an option from Keystone? Aftermarket? Custom? I'm one of those who balances the tires on the trailer and as we travel many miles off the interstate on roads that are less than smooth I'm really interested in shocking my trailer.

Interestingly enough when we returned from this trip the refrigerator door had bounced open though nothing had come flying out.

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Some models of Cougar 5ers came with shocks. I have also heard that some TT did also, or at least came with mounting plates. Trail-Aire or Dexter EZ Flex equalizers are cheaper, easier to install and do as good a job if not better, in my opinion. (for what that's worth ) Removing the plastic under-belly and welding the upper shock mounts did not seem practical to me. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
traveler

I have had the wheels and tires balanced on my trailers, they usually take as much or more weight as the tires on the truck.
It's difficult for us to feel the bouncing from unbalanced tires on the trailer, but it goes on anyway.
traveler is offline   Reply With Quote