Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2010, 05:07 AM   #1
Cowboy

Cool New Raptor 30FS

I just ordered last weekend our new Toy Hauler, we love the layout and believe it will accommodate our two 4 wheelers nicely (Artic Cat 650 & Kodiak 400). We are fairly excited if it wouldn't be for the negative input we read hear about Keystone. Did I make a great choice for quality and functionality? We also have an HD Ultra that we plan on utilizing with our new toy.

Is there a check list on the site here that we can use as a reference when we pick-up our new toy.

Thanks in advance and I am looking forward to being educated for the expert on this site we our total rookies when it comes to RV-ing.
Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Cowboy:
Yes, there is a PDI (pre delivery checklist) on this site which you can access and download.
This checklist can be found on Flyguy's (one of our 3 moderators) homepage. Go there and click on the link to the PDI.

http://www.eaa1358.com/Passport
(Flyguys home page)

Don't be discouraged by the negative Keystone comments. You are not the first to have read these and begin to wonder if you have made the right choice.
Use the checklist when you go through your unit. Only when you are completely satisfied with everything and ensure that any and all deficiencies are corrected by the dealer BEFORE you accept it or write out the cheque should you drive off the lot.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
dilligaf1

Dealer checklist

Cowboy,
do your homework and hold the dealer's feet to the fire until EVERYTHING is checked over and proved that is works. Water, propane, slides, genny, make them start everything in front of you and note anything not to your liking.
For the Ultra, check the floor thickness. I haul a Tour Glide Classic with no problems in a Raptor 3602.
Think of this the same as if you were buying a house. If you inspect everything with the dealer standing there, surprises won't happen.
Don't be in a hurry or let them hurry you. My shakedown took over 3 hours. If they want my money, they have to earn it.
dilligaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

dilligaf1:
An excellent piece of advice for anyone buying an RV ( or anything for that matter) - new or used!
Old 08-30-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1 View Post
Cowboy,
do your homework and hold the dealer's feet to the fire until EVERYTHING is checked over and proved that is works. Water, propane, slides, genny, make them start everything in front of you and note anything not to your liking.
For the Ultra, check the floor thickness. I haul a Tour Glide Classic with no problems in a Raptor 3602.
Think of this the same as if you were buying a house. If you inspect everything with the dealer standing there, surprises won't happen.
Don't be in a hurry or let them hurry you. My shakedown took over 3 hours. If they want my money, they have to earn it.
When I looked at the web site for this trailor it said they use one peice 1" thick for all raptors humm...How can I verify this?? Thanks for the info
Old 08-31-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
Cowboy

Thanks for the responses...I just got off the phone w/ the dealer about my intent of the pre check...and floor thickness which is 1" in the toy area 5/8" threw the living and 3/8" on the roof.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
mattdillon

HD Ultra

we have a 2005 3612DS Raptor. The first thing we did was throw out the mattress, never slept on it. We bought a select comfort full mattress for $400.00. You have to guess how much air to put in, but when you get it, disconect the pump. Anyhow, I ride an Ultra, and my wife rides a Deluxe. No problems. However, the next thing we did was buy an air hitch for the truck. Too much movement was going on with the bikes, even though we used 6 tie downs per bike. Yeah, I know, you got a big investment in the truck and trailer, you need to protect both of them, not to mention the bike. the next thing we did, was buy two condor chocks. They run about $170 each, but worth every penny. When you roll the bikes up and into the condor chocks, you can get off. You still need to tie them down, but much more secure and easier. Now there is ZERO MOVEMENT with the bikes. And a whole lot less stress on the trailer and on the truck with the air hitch (around $3,000.00). You can get one air shock that fits onto the pin of the trailer for around $1,200.00. A friend of mine did that and he doesn't have any complaints. There are different companies, but mine is brand name "Air Hitch". google it and others will come up as well. good luck. Mike ps think about this, you probably got over $100,000.00 in & on the truck trailer, it worth 1% -3% to protect your investments.
mattdillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
BPoulsen

We are looking at the exact same trailer. We really love the layout. This is the first year for that model, so I think the prices are a little high - I'm hoping that I can find one at the end of next summer at a better price.

On Quality issues, I currently have an 07 Springdale 29BHG and have had no problems whatsoever with it. I know it's an entry-level trailer, but I think it is very well built for what it is.

Keep us updated on how you like your 30FS.
BPoulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
Flyguy

quote"When I looked at the web site for this trailor it said they use one peice 1" thick for all raptors humm...How can I verify this??" Cowboy unquote

Take a cordless drill with you to the PDI and tell the dealer to look the other way! JUST KIDDING
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguy View Post
quote"When I looked at the web site for this trailor it said they use one peice 1" thick for all raptors humm...How can I verify this??" Cowboy unquote

Take a cordless drill with you to the PDI and tell the dealer to look the other way! JUST KIDDING
My pick-up date is Oct. 8th ....

The Raptor Rep says 1" where the toys are, 5/8" threw the living area, and 3/8" on the roof...and the roof is not made for lounging on.

Also if you look around on-line at some of the Dealers that have the 30FS in stock you will see that some have a TV in the Toyhauler and some do not, and some also have a lounge chair. I went to the Hershey/Harrisburg PA RV Show and I was told that they needed to cut cost so the earlier ones have them. However the new ones do not... I kinda fussed about this and they are throwing in the chair to satisfy me...I'm satisfied.