Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2022, 07:49 AM   #1
Pennylee

Noobe, can't find galley empty

Hi there! Thanks for any help here....282BH
So I had issue with my sink filling up and not emptying. Come to find out there's a galley empty out. A handle to pull, maybe a hose to attach to empty said galley. But where is it? Does it look different than the black and gray water handles?
Thanks for helping and not putting me down for not knowing
Old 04-25-2022, 08:05 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Your pull handle for the galley grey tank will probably be on the same side as the other 2 (driver) and probably either back under the slide or through the frame. It could be black, grey or silver. You may have to get on your back and look around under there. It may be almost obscured by a blob of foam poking out under the coroplast. Helped a fellow find his recently and the pull handle was back behind the slide, under the trailer almost to the middle.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:09 AM   #3
Pennylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Your pull handle for the galley grey tank will probably be on the same side as the other 2 (driver) and probably either back under the slide or through the frame. It could be black, grey or silver. You may have to get on your back and look around under there. It may be almost obscured by a blob of foam poking out under the coroplast. Helped a fellow find his recently and the pull handle was back behind the slide, under the trailer almost to the middle.
Thank you- I'll go a searching. Will let you know if I find it-for future searchers, as well.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:16 AM   #4
Gary R.

Hello Sis Kelly and welcome!

I don't know if your Springdale has a "convenience center" for your water fill port, but our Alpine has the galley tank tank pull valve in that center. Might check in there.

Take care and enjoy your Springdale!
Retired Firefighter/EMT.
Gary R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:23 AM   #5
Pennylee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post

BINGO!! It was right under the tip out! So I emptied it all out and my sink is no longer full!! Now, my next question is do I push that back in on a daily basis, or do I leave it open all the time?
Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2022, 08:33 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

My method; once dumped close the valve. Leave it closed until your sink fills and note the number of days. Do this with your shower/bathroom gray tank as well. Our bathroom tank is always the one to till first. Once I know the number of days on the bathroom gray I then dump them all on the same day; black tank 1st - close valve. Galley grey - close valve then bathroom grey and close valve.

I always leave them closed because water is your friend in any of the tanks. When dumping the volume of water helps sweep out the debris and solids that accumulate in the tank. If you leave them open all you have is a slight trickle of water going through the tank when a faucet/drain is in use and any solids will just stick inside the tank not only causing a potential blockage but also odors.

Some folks leave the valves open for various reasons. I tried it once and had issues with not only odors but the "gunk" that built up on the slinky sewer hose made it weigh 20lbs. when I went to disconnect. It wasn't worth the effort to try to clean so threw it away, bought a new one and started closing the valves; haven't had an issue with a sewer hose since.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:50 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Go to the roadside of your trailer and look at the molding that separates the corrugated aluminum siding from the smoother aluminum siding along the bottom (where it changes from white to dark gray). Just above that "rounded molding that covers the joint" you'll see a couple of small 3/8" black and white decals. They will say "BLACK TANK" and "GRAY TANK"... There will be 3 decals, two located near the bathroom dump valves and the third, located somewhere on the slide. When you find the one on the slide, crawl under the slide and you'll find that dump valve handle either "in a hole drilled through the frame rail" or "in a gob of expanding foam that seals the bottom with the handle sticking out of the foam"....

The decals will look like this photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank decals.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	39444  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 10:06 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

Since my galley tank is at the rear of my camper and connects to and empties into the regular gray and black tank outlets, I leave the galley tank open as I don't care much to crawl under my slide out and trailer and behind the rear wheel on the driver side of my camper when out camping. I installed a gate valve on the main dump outlet and then open black, gray and galley gets dumped as well when I open the gate valve.

This is pretty much the one I have but mine came with a cap; I think you may have to purchase a cap separately.
https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...31038926&psc=1
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 03:36 PM   #9
Pennylee

A great big THANKS to all of you- I'm learning SO MUCH here!!!!
Old 04-25-2022, 07:55 PM   #10
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennylee View Post
A great big THANKS to all of you- I'm learning SO MUCH here!!!!
First time you have to crawl under the slide and then back up under the rear tire on a rainy day to dump the galley tank while fighting off fire ants you tend to have inspirations. Best way to learn is to learn by other's mistakes. It is a lot less messy and painful. You may want to look through other threads. A couple main things is an EMS and a water pressure regulator. If you are in a campground you may also want to explore ways to do internet and wifi.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:53 AM   #11
Camping family

I never leave my tanks open. When camping about every 3 days I will empty them. I always keep them closed reason being keeping them closed keep the gasses out of the camper.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 05:20 AM   #12
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
I never leave my tanks open. When camping about every 3 days I will empty them. I always keep them closed reason being keeping them closed keep the gasses out of the camper.
If you have a gate valve on the end where you connect your sewer hose, you don't get smells or gnats coming into the trailer.
Old 10-08-2022, 11:49 AM   #13
UTDez23

Quote:
BINGO!! It was right under the tip out! So I emptied it all out and my sink is no longer full!! Now, my next question is do I push that back in on a daily basis, or do I leave it open all the time?
Thanks again!
Newbie here… Where exactly (clear detail would be helpful!) is the galley pull handle? Currently in the process of dumping and winterizing our 282bh and for the life of me cannot find where this is located. So frustrating. I appreciate all your help!
UTDez23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 04:32 PM   #14
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTDez23 View Post
Newbie here… Where exactly (clear detail would be helpful!) is the galley pull handle? Currently in the process of dumping and winterizing our 282bh and for the life of me cannot find where this is located. So frustrating. I appreciate all your help!
If u have two gray tanks the second tank handle normally is at the rear just past the rear tires. That’s where mine is.
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 08:16 PM   #15
UTDez23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
If u have two gray tanks the second tank handle normally is at the rear just past the rear tires. That’s where mine is.
Yes, located it shortly after posting this. Hidden up in the underbelly, had to cut a section of it out and also found it didn’t have a handle. Now I know. Appreciate the help!
UTDez23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 06:20 AM   #16
Gunnerroy1969

Quote:
Hi there! Thanks for any help here....282BH
So I had issue with my sink filling up and not emptying. Come to find out there's a galley empty out. A handle to pull, maybe a hose to attach to empty said galley. But where is it? Does it look different than the black and gray water handles?
Thanks for helping and not putting me down for not knowing
The galley drain is next to the black water one. Underneath the slide out. You have the black water and galley water drain out of the same outlet.
I found that out yesterday. It is all alone without an outlet there.
Gunnerroy1969 is offline   Reply With Quote