Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2022, 08:16 AM   #21
ssthrd

Awesome!

2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax
ssthrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 08:20 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by almarc3 View Post
I have tried repeatedly to listen...but I cannot locate the blasted thing.
Try locating your city water connection (input on the side of the trailer) and visualize where that is on the inside. Go inside, locate that part and follow the 1/2" PEX line to the first "TEE" fitting. Follow that to the water pump output. It will be "one or the other of those PEX lines off the "TEE". Chances are it's not more than 36" from the fitting to the pump.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 10:16 AM   #23
MrEnto

I just went through this

First symptom was while not hooked up to shore water, the water pump would cycle periodically every so often. Then when I did hook up to shore water, I noticed the fresh tank fill overflowing slightly. I was able to flush the valve without taking anything apart. I forget the sequence but I was outside and kept switching from running water through the system from the water pump and then the shore water. I had my wife inside opening and closing a faucet to build and relieve pressure in the system at the same time. My thought was to back flush the check valve several times and clear the obstruction that was preventing it from closing. After several cycles, it worked and sealed up normally.
MrEnto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 01:19 PM   #24
apachewolf

My 2015 Laredo 240MK had several issues where water from the city water hose leaked into the fresh water tank. On my pumps there was/is a check valve preventing water by-passing into the tank. I solved the problem by having the dealer install a ACE Hardware ½” brass check valve instead of the plastic valve. Have not had a problem since than.

Happy camping.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 05:45 AM   #25
Wendy69001

Help no hot water

I just recently purchased a 2021 Keystone Sprinter 25ml and now I am trying to figure out my hot water I am using my electric hot water but I can’t get it to work right
Wendy69001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 06:49 AM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy69001 View Post
I just recently purchased a 2021 Keystone Sprinter 25ml and now I am trying to figure out my hot water I am using my electric hot water but I can’t get it to work right
First, do you have hot water when operating on gas ??? If so, there's a problem with the "electric water heat function"... If you do NOT have hot water when on gas, there's a problem with the water heater or possibly a simple plumbing issue (winterization valve not set correctly)....

So, what, exactly, is working, if anything ?????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-19-2022, 07:02 AM   #27
Wendy69001

Hot water

I found the winter valve I think so I turned it to the up position I have running water for the cold side. I did turn the gas but with us doing to some errands and the wind blowing I didn’t want to leave the gas on. So I am trying the electronic heater again to see if I have hot water when we get back.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:30 AM   #28
JRTJH
Site Team

If the winterization valve, on the back of the water heater, is set to bypass the water heater, there will be no water in the water heater tank. Turning on the electric element will overheat it and burn it up, disabling that function. So, if you "found that valve and turned it up" you may have actually "made the problem worse" rather than fixed anything....

DO NOT TURN ON THE ELECTRIC HEATING ELEMENT IF THERE IS NO WATER IN THE WATER HEATER TANK !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-19-2022, 07:48 AM   #29
Wendy69001

Thank you I turned the electric heater off
Old 04-19-2022, 08:02 AM   #30
JRTJH
Site Team

So, we "return to the question: Do you have hot water when using the gas heating function" ????

If so, the bypass valve/winterization system is set properly. If BOTH gas and electric do not provide hot water, the system is not working, probably because the valves are not set properly.

If the gas function is providing hot water, then the valves are set properly and the issue is in the water heater electric function. It could be a switch, a circuit breaker, a sensor or the element and its wiring....

But, if the gas AND the electric are not working, we need to go down one path.

If ONLY the electric is not working, we need to go a different direction...

So, do you have hot water when on the gas function ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-19-2022, 08:12 AM   #31
Wendy69001

Hot water

I didn’t try the gas until this morning but with the way the wind is blowing here in Nebraska I just turned off the gas and the electric pump until we get back home. And also my roommate turned off the water pump and I just noticed that. Does the water pump have to be on also for everything to work right?? I have an not to nice roommate…lol
Old 04-19-2022, 09:01 AM   #32
JRTJH
Site Team

The city water or the water pump (with water in the fresh water tank) needs to be on to get any water flow in the trailer. Essentially, if there is water coming out of the cold water faucet, there is "water flow in the trailer" and there also should be water flow from the hot water faucets. If that water is cold, then either the water heater is bypassed or not heating water. If the water is hot with gas but cold with electricity, then that narrows the problem to the electric heating system.

It's not difficult to determine if it's working or not, a hand under the hot water tap will tell you that.... If it's hot with gas, you'll need to troubleshoot the electric side. On the other hand, if it's cold with gas AND electricity, then you'll need to determine if the water heater is bypassed (there's only 2 valve positions: OFF and ON). If it's bypassed, then the cold water is bypassing the water heater and it will always be cold at the taps. If it's not bypassed (water flowing into the water heater) then you'll need to troubleshoot to see why there's no hot water at the taps... That's why I asked if you have hot water when on the gas heating system. If so, the valves are correct.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 04-19-2022, 09:11 AM   #33
Wendy69001

Where will I begin to look for the bypass valve on my 25ml sprinter
Old 04-19-2022, 10:31 AM   #34
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy69001 View Post
Where will I begin to look for the bypass valve on my 25ml sprinter
It is on the rear of the water heater, on the lower cold water input to the water heater. There will be a "quarter turn valve" that either directs cold water into the bottom of the water heater tank or if turned the other way, directs water "up the pipe" thereby bypassing the water heater.

Depending on the model and installation of your water heater, there may be a second valve at the outlet of the water heater (hot water output) or there may be a one way valve that is incorporated into the outlet. Both types are used by Keystone so I can't tell you whether your specific trailer has one or two "bypass valves". If one, it's on the bottom inlet to the water heater, if two, there is one on the bottom inlet and another on the top outlet from the heater. BOTH will be on the back side of the water heater, next to the styrofoam insulation shell.

It will look something like this photo and if there are two valves, the second will be at the top of the vertical PEX tube, in the same location as the bottom valve, "on the Tee fitting".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WATER HEATER BYPASS.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	39347  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS

Tags
fresh water tank, tank, water