RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-31-2019, 07:16 AM   #1
Cpatinjones
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 17
How to remove myself from forum?

I no longer own a keystone. I would like to leave group. How do i delete my account?
__________________

Cpatinjones is offline  
Old 10-31-2019, 09:30 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team
 
JRTJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gaylord
Posts: 19,957
To delete your account would also delete all your past posts. That would mean threads in which you've posted comments would be "fragmented" by losing your post, some of which may have responses that use your post to build a chain of thought or a series of answers to different posts. So, deleting your account is not something we routinely would do.

I'd suggest that you simply stop using it. It will remain "dormant" until you "reactivate it" by logging in. If you don't log in, it will stay dormant. We don't, typically "delete" accounts. You'd be surprised by how many members "stop using the forum" then in 6 months or a year, send a request for their password so they can again "use the forum".
__________________

__________________
John



2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline  
Old 11-27-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
purebred
Senior Member
 
purebred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Harlingen TX
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
To delete your account would also delete all your past posts. That would mean threads in which you've posted comments would be "fragmented" by losing your post, some of which may have responses that use your post to build a chain of thought or a series of answers to different posts. So, deleting your account is not something we routinely would do.

I'd suggest that you simply stop using it. It will remain "dormant" until you "reactivate it" by logging in. If you don't log in, it will stay dormant. We don't, typically "delete" accounts. You'd be surprised by how many members "stop using the forum" then in 6 months or a year, send a request for their password so they can again "use the forum".
Since you say you typically don't delete accounts that means to me you might in certain circumstances. Please delete my account. I'm through posting here.
__________________
2020 Alpine 3401RS, 2019 Ram Tradesman 2500, 6.4 Hemi, 410, Anderson Ultimate.
purebred is offline  
Old 11-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team
 
JRTJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gaylord
Posts: 19,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
Since you say you typically don't delete accounts that means to me you might in certain circumstances. Please delete my account. I'm through posting here.
With 184 posts, that would not be beneficial to the continuity of threads to which you've posted. I'd suggest you simply stop posting in the future.

The "typical account deletions" are caused when there are limited posts and it is "in the interest of the forum" to delete everything. An example would be if someone joined the forum, posted 3 SPAM posts and one obscene post with profanity in it. It would be "in the best interest of the forum" to delete that member's entire posting history. There's a significant difference in that type of member and one with 184 posts, many of which are constructive, thread contributions with "relative importance to the thread".....
__________________
John



2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline  
Old 11-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #5
QCMan
Gone Traveling
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Independent Republic of Horry
Posts: 237
Sound like some very unhappy folks. Maybe tired of hijacked threads or criticism of their setups?
QCMan is offline  
Old 11-27-2020, 04:17 PM   #6
wiredgeorge
Senior Member
 
wiredgeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Mico, TX
Posts: 2,872
Sadly, this forum is owned by campgroundreviews.com and rvlife.com and a bunch of other RV forums under one umbrella so if an account is deleted from this forum I think you would not be able to get onto the others. Is that correct?
__________________
wiredgeorge Mico TX
2006 F350 CC 4WD 6.0L
2002 Keystone Cougar 278
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline  
Old 11-27-2020, 04:43 PM   #7
Javi
Senior Member
 
Javi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Waco, Tx
Posts: 4,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCMan View Post
Sound like some very unhappy folks. Maybe tired of hijacked threads or criticism of their setups?
More likely tired of not finding a sympathetic ear for unrealistic grievances. Don't like how a faucet looks or fits the sink... change it.

Want to tell folks that you didn't like it, okay... tell folks, but don't get all po'd when no one calls for burning down the company.

Or, if you already know the answer don't ask the question and get bent out of shape when no one agrees with you.
Javi is offline  
Old 11-27-2020, 05:35 PM   #8
BeagleMan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tuscumbia
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
More likely tired of not finding a sympathetic ear for unrealistic grievances. Don't like how a faucet looks or fits the sink... change it.

Want to tell folks that you didn't like it, okay... tell folks, but don't get all po'd when no one calls for burning down the company.

Or, if you already know the answer don't ask the question and get bent out of shape when no one agrees with you.
BINGO!!!
__________________
2021 Montana 3763BP / GMC 3500 Denali HD(is next)
Husband to the Sweetest Girl in MO
Adventure Seeker/History Buff
Roll Tide Roll
BeagleMan is offline  
Old 11-27-2020, 05:45 PM   #9
LewisB
Senior Member
 
LewisB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tucson
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
More likely tired of not finding a sympathetic ear for unrealistic grievances. Don't like how a faucet looks or fits the sink... change it.

Want to tell folks that you didn't like it, okay... tell folks, but don't get all po'd when no one calls for burning down the company.

Or, if you already know the answer don't ask the question and get bent out of shape when no one agrees with you.
Exactly! Thanks Javi.
__________________
Brad & Penny (49 years!)
2017 F350 DRW CC 4x4 Payload=5560
2018 Raptor 353TS
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline  
Old 11-27-2020, 08:45 PM   #10
Bill-2020
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Central FL
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
Since you say you typically don't delete accounts that means to me you might in certain circumstances. Please delete my account. I'm through posting here.
I have but one question, purebred, if you’re done posting here, why are you still reading other posts?
Bill-2020 is online now  
Old 11-28-2020, 09:00 AM   #11
travelin texans
Senior Member
 
travelin texans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Picacho Peak Rv Resort
Posts: 4,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
I have but one question, purebred, if you’re done posting here, why are you still reading other posts?
Notice his avatar??? Nuff said!
__________________
Danny & Linda
Former '13 Redwood FB owner
Currently rvless!
travelin texans is online now  
Old 11-28-2020, 10:06 AM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team
 
JRTJH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gaylord
Posts: 19,957
Well, this thread seems to have lost its "constructive criticism" focus, so hopefully the important message has been conveyed. With that, the thread is closed prior to someone's feelings being hurt (or shattered)..... If anyone wants to comment further, PM's are available and that's probably a better way to convey a personal comment.....
__________________

__________________
John



2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×