Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2020, 09:04 AM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Sailun Tires

As I've posted I had Sailun S637 G rated tires put on this trailer before it left the lot. I did not trust the Ranier brand, wanted no more blowouts and the Sailun brand just keeps getting great reviews...but I'm sort of inquisitive.

The following has no earth shattering revelations, just some interesting info (to me) I've picked up in the last couple of days.

After a couple of posts on the forum (I believe it was this one) about a Sailun load inflation chart I thought I would ask "Sailun" for one (gosailun.com). Well that website is actually TBC Distributors which distributes Sailun and other "value tiered" tires. Their response was that the tire pressure required in the tire was on the placard on the trailer determined by the RV manufacturer but gave me a little chart for the 235x80r16 as sort of a good will gesture. If I needed any further info on the tire I was to contact the RV manufacturer? I had to question that.

I told them that the RV company doesn't make the tires nor make load charts for them; that would come from the tire manufacturer. If, as I did, you go up a load range supporting the same load that was placed on the OEM tires, then yes, a load chart is beneficial to the owner of one of "their" tires. Since that has to come from the tire manufacturer please guide me to their website to get those answers if they didn't have them as I've never found a direct contact with any Chinese tire manufacturer. Today I got another response;

"My questions should be directed to Dynamic Tire Company in Ontario". ???
I inquired if I was to assume that Dynamic was the actual importer and TBC was the importer from the importer? They replied that Dynamic was their supplier. Dynamic also states they are importers of "value tiered" tires. So, what does that tell me? I have no idea. I decided to accept the little chart they sent as the latest greatest and let it go at that.

I do know that I've had no success whatever in finding a direct link to "Sailun" tires except TBC, and now Dynamic. I've always thought TBC was THE importer but now understand they are the importer from the importer I also realize that I am getting ready to head back to TX in a few days, the Sailun tires feel very robust compared to competitors, they have a great reputation and I'm digging in an empty rabbit hole. Just some trivia I thought I would share before I forget it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires