Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
rob in windsor

Electrical Issue On 2011 Cougar 27SAB

I purchased a 2000 watt inverter generator for camping and from the get go, it would trip out every time I plugged the 5th wheel into it. So I plugged everything else known to man in this genny and it worked fine. So I figured it must be the trailer. Took the trailer to service center and told them of the problem and they checked it over and I was informed that the electrical was fine and needed a bigger generator.
I bring the trailer home, unload it and store it for winter. Company comes over for New Years, warm outside so I set up the 5'er for company. Plug it in to the house and pops the breaker in the house. I shut off all the breakers in the rv and reset the breaker in the house. Then I open the rv breakers 1 by 1 until I get to the one supplying the converter, which pops the one in the house again. So with the converter breaker off, and the trailer plugged in, all I have in the rv is the electrical outlet above the sink and the LED on the microwave. No lights, no tv, nothing.
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as I am totally stumped and the warranty runs out in April?
rob in windsor is offline   Reply With Quote