Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #81
Desert185

With a dish and WIFI, of course.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:18 PM   #82
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Get the contractor over there and draw up plans for the pole barn your DW wanted for the trailer and make it 16' high 20' wide and 60' long and wired for 50amp service.... Problem solved...
Ohhhh Boy!! I'm talking to her about a new 1 ton and possibly a new fifth wheel.....and struggling. We'll be celebrating our 50th on Sept. 2 and I really would like to live to see that day and not sure how things would go if I dropped a set of plans on her for a new barn next door On top of that I just had a guy here today to measure and spec a new fence around the perimeter of the property.

I'm just a little leery of pushing her too far....I've been taking her to practice at the range with a pistol in case she wants to get her CCP. She now knows how to operate them and has a key to the gun room...... Just kidding...she's good as gold.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #83
66joej

I'm just a little leery of pushing her too far....I've been taking her to practice at the range with a pistol in case she wants to get her CCP. She now knows how to operate them and has a key to the gun room...... Just kidding...she's good as gold.

Is this a good idea sourdough? Just kidding of course.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #84
the sodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Ohhhh Boy!! I'm talking to her about a new 1 ton and possibly a new fifth wheel.....and struggling. We'll be celebrating our 50th on Sept. 2 and I really would like to live to see that day and not sure how things would go if I dropped a set of plans on her for a new barn next door On top of that I just had a guy here today to measure and spec a new fence around the perimeter of the property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66joej View Post

Is this a good idea sourdough? Just kidding of course.
Careful. All this gun talk will get this pickup bed size comparison thread shut down...
Old 04-07-2017, 06:56 PM   #85
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sodfather View Post
Careful. All this gun talk will get this pickup bed size comparison thread shut down...
Hopefully this isn't construed as "gun talk" by anyone. I mentioned, in passing, shooting at a range, working toward a CCP and my gun room; all are
very passive comments mentioned as I said, "in passing" - not the topic; every comment was related to 6.4 vs 8' beds and their accommodation even in jest.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:45 AM   #86
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post

Sounds like a keeper. I have one of those, too.

To keep the thread on track, get the long bed.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:47 AM   #87
captcolour

Appears that the short bed/long bed discussion was really driven by a concern of overall length. Have you thought about a SuperCab long bed? For a F250, the SuperCab long bed is only 4" longer than the SuperCrew short bed. The SuperCrew long bed is 16" longer. I just ordered the 2017 F-350 DRW Diesel SuperCab because didn't want the extra length from the crew cab, but still have the back seat.

I didn't order the tailgate ladder as I've added the Amp Research folding step to both of my F-150s. These attach and fold under at the corner of the bumper without any frame modification. I have bad knees and these work great. There is another brand out there which is cheaper and issues with breakage. Amp Research also makes a folding side step which would be great for the 5'er.

http://www.amp-research.com/products...ories/bedstep/
captcolour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #88
the sodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcolour View Post
Appears that the short bed/long bed discussion was really driven by a concern of overall length. Have you thought about a SuperCab long bed? For a F250, the SuperCab long bed is only 4" longer than the SuperCrew short bed. The SuperCrew long bed is 16" longer. I just ordered the 2017 F-350 DRW Diesel SuperCab because didn't want the extra length from the crew cab, but still have the back seat.

I didn't order the tailgate ladder as I've added the Amp Research folding step to both of my F-150s. These attach and fold under at the corner of the bumper without any frame modification. I have bad knees and these work great. There is another brand out there which is cheaper and issues with breakage. Amp Research also makes a folding side step which would be great for the 5'er.

Ya, those Amp Research steps are great. I have one to help climb into my "jacked up" 2500HD with the 6'5" bed...
Old 04-09-2017, 09:19 AM   #89
ADQ K9

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcolour View Post

I also Have the AMP steps on my truck. The bed steps are great Cause its a 4X4 350 and I love the way the Cab steps hide when they go up when they deploy they are actually lower than the factory fixed cab steps.
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed