Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
lunatech

Questions about Hornet TT

Hey all, new to the forum. I joined to ask a few questions. I currently own a 2011 Forest River Surveyor SP-260. This is our 1st TT and we love it but would like a little more room. We now have a larger tow vehicle and can look at larger TT's. A local dealer has two 2011 Hornet 28BHS on the lot and if we like what we see in them we may try to work out a trade for one of them.

Now what I really want to know: How is the quality of the Hornet line in general and if some can compare the quality to that of the surveyor line would be great.

Also when we go look at these two on the lot, is there anything I should look for or watch out for?

Thanks,
Jeff
lunatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

If you have visited the Keystone website, you probably would have noticed that there are 3 groups of TT's - lower, mid and high and that the Hornet is listed in the lower priced group. You can get a fairly good idea of what they look like inside, standard and optional features which are available and floorplans and specifications by clicking on the appropriate links in the TT section.
Perhaps some of our Hornet members here will chime in and give their impressions about this unit. It might be more difficult to get an accurate comparison between the Surveyor and the Hornet, however.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
lunatech

Thanks for the reply. I did see that it is listed in the lower priced group but what I can find out about it online is good. Probably going to be Friday before we can get away and go look at one and it all depends on how much trade in I get. The Surveyor is paid for so that mean a lot in my book. Have to wait and see.

Jeff
lunatech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
richf28

We have a 2010 Hornet 28rls. We are very happy with it. The higher ceiling gives you a roomier feeling. It has been trouble free as far as repairs. My only issues are it isn't the best thing to tow in bad ( breezy) weather and a bit squirrly when being passed. I am towing with a short wheelbase half ton pickup though. I am looking into a Hensley hitch. Other issue is you need to dump the black tank more often or it will smell. Haven't figured out why yet.

Rich and Deb
Erie, PA
2011 Ford Screw with Ecoboost
2010 Keystone Hornet 28RLS
Hensley Hitch
richf28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #5
trooper253

I have a 2011 Hornet 27 BHS and have been very pleased with it. I was looking at a Salem camper and just liked to Hornet much better. We have had ours for a little over a year and have camped for more than 50 nights without any problems.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
2011 keystone

We have a Keystone Hideout 26b It is a entry level TT and is also in the lower price range with the hornet, It is over a year old now and have not had any problems at all. I think sometimes a entry level TT has a lot less to break. Very happy camper here.
New TT 2014 j@%$O 32BHDS
2011 keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Outbackmel

lunatech

Yes, watch out for the BS being tossed at you by the dealer. Know your numbers and make a good deal. AND LISTEN to those pioneers before you....get the right hitch and ENJOY.....
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote