Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
Steve S

Anti-smoke bombs?

Me and my buddy were looking at some trailers today for him and his family. We found a really nice one in excellent condition in and out. The only problem was that the owner smoked in it and that's a bit of a deal breaker.
Is there an anti-smoke bomb that can be let off with all the doors and windows closed that'll take the smell away for good? What do the dealers use when they get a trade-in that's been smoked in?
Old 03-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Yes. Zep makes one, search shows it available at Home Depot. If you WWW search using "smoke bomb", several products come up.

You may have to give it a couple of treatments. We use odor bombs at work, but I don't believe we keep any unit that smells of smoke on the lot, they get wholesaled right away.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:08 PM   #3
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Yes. Zep makes one, search shows it available at Home Depot. If you WWW search using "smoke bomb", several products come up.

You may have to give it a couple of treatments. We use odor bombs at work, but I don't believe we keep any unit that smells of smoke on the lot, they get wholesaled right away.
Thanks Chuckster, it's good to hear that Home Depot sells them as there's one close by. I'll be seeing my buddy and his wife tomorrow and I'll let them know about the product.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:22 PM   #4
NealBlue

Last year I looked at a late model used 5th wheel. It turned out that it had been smoked in heavily, bad enough to stain the ceiling yellow! Stunk too. It's still for sale, imagine that.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #5
Tbos

I went through a used class A one time and they had pans of charcoal everywhere. You could still smell the smoke.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #6
schwalbach

The answer to get rid of smoke is an ozone machine, used car dealers, hotels etc. use them. Have you ever checked into a hotel room and it had the smell like that of a rain shower, that is from the ozone machine. We use them all the time at work, when we assign a used semi truck from a smoker to a non smoker we run the machine for a couple hours and no more smoke smell. They work so well I bought my own for my house and campers etc.

2012 Keystone Laredo 275SBH
2015 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
schwalbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:11 AM   #7
talk2cpu

Looked at a used car that had been smoked in heavily. Dealer used the ozone machine 3 times over night. Smelled better, still smelled and chose a different vehicle. Even if it worked in an RV I think it would be temporary. To many places the smoke seeped into.