Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
Cheach

Furnace/remote control that confuses me to death

Hello! We just purchased a new to us 2005 Everest. It's amazing. I love it. It already has my heart. We are at our RV every weekend- it stays parked there- so be ready for tons of questions.

That remote for the A/C and heat... Dude- seriously? What's with the caveman like icons on it? it's seriously confusing. It's was cold overnight and we tried to use the heat... Propane is on. We are plugged in. (Only 30V. Currently talking to managers to get that updated) I turned it on the little heat icon- only cold air blew. I tried the little triangle icon- wouldn't kick on. Air is only coming from the ceiling- not the floor vents. Help?
Cheach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I hope you know that you have to wait after making a selection for all the safety functions to work. The furnace fan will come on first for heat and go through a purge cycle before lighting. (Light your stove first to be sure all air is out of gas lines) The A/C can have up to a six minute delay before the compressor comes on. (this is to prevent it form short cycling and over pressuring) If you also have a wall thermostat the fan must be set on "AUTO", I'm not sure but that may also be the same with the remote. I think it is time to take out the instructions and give them a good read and hope for some pictures. .... Isn't modern technology wonderful????
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #3
Cheach

Thanks! We will give that a shot we when get back there on Friday. I must admit- I was impatient and just turned it off and used a small electric heater we already had.

I downloaded a user's manual for the unit - it just seems very vague and the remote control is the only way of controlling it.
Cheach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #4
Chipsahoy

We also have a 2005 Everest (344J). We love the unit have had very few problems with it. The remote is a pain in the neck. We only use the A/C portion and use the electric fireplace and a portable heater for heat, saves on propane. Every once in awhile the a/c will be humming along and suddenly the heater comes on. Poor design but I don't know if it can be changed out. We just deal with it, small issue since everything else works well. Good luck and enjoy the E.
Chipsahoy is offline   Reply With Quote