Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
OldCountryBoy

Slide cable adjustment

OK. I need help, sounds easy but the more I think the more confused and uncertain I become. I have one slide that is not level, it sags when extended out. I noticed that when I start to extend the slide that the top move about an inch before the bottom starts and the bottom does not get as close to the wall as does the top. When brought in, the seal seems to be even all the way around. I also noticed that the bottom cable attachments on the inside of the slide are mounted such that they appear not to be flush or parallel to the back panel. I think they were originally mounted that way then cables were tightened to compensate for the slack it would have created. This sagging has always existed, just didn't notice it when I bought it.

My question, which cables need to be tightened or losened. I understand the opposing cable thing, I just don't know which to shorten or lengthen, top bottom, in or out to level up the slide when extended.

Any help would be appreciated..
Old 01-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You should have a decal over the slide motor that explains how to adjust your slide. Our Cougar has the decal, I've glanced at it, but haven't really digested what it says to do. Sorry I can't help much with the specifics, but that decal should be on your unit. If not, the Lippert site has the instructions for download.

It's my understanding that there's no top/bottom left/right adjustment that singularly will align the slide. It's more a compromise of adjusting all of them to get the slide "centered".... IOW, if you adjust one, you'll "misadjust" the opposing side and will need to adjust it which will "misadjust" and on and on until you've got it centered.... I hope that's not more confusing than you already were

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
Ron

Here is the info to your slide system, we have the same system on our Montana, bedroom slide, Good Luck...Sorry do not know how to post link..(Accu-slide)
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
B&T

The Adjustment procedure is contained in this service manual:

http://www.norcoind.com/bal/download...ice-manual.pdf
2003 R-Vision Traillite
B&T is offline   Reply With Quote