Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2013, 05:10 AM   #1
RVThereYet

Phantom Loads

New to the forum so I apologize if this thread belongs somewhere else.

I am going to dry camp for 3-4 days in CO soon. First time doing this and I have been reading a lot of info on how to reduce phantom loads.

I saw one post on a forum somewhere about the Dometic A/C having a switch somewhere that should be turned off because it will always pull some amps from the battery.

Does anyone know about this?

Other suggestions?

I already replaced most of my standard bulbs with LEDs and I am using a Deep Cycle 12 volt battery(new)
RVThereYet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
mhs4771

For 3 or 4 days you might be better with 2 batteries. I've never heard that about the A/C other than the Comfort Control T-stat display runs off 12 volts, and I believe there is a switch on it to turn it off. If you have remote control for the slides or landing gear/stabilizers, the module for them draws power, as does the Propane Detector. Sounds like you haven't changed all the lites, so only use the ones with LEDs. Those standard lites draw and lot of juice. Good luck and enjoy
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
MarkS

Your biggest draw will be the furnace. Colorado mountain nights can be cold. I would recommend getting a second battery. If you can swing it, get a generator. Most places let you run it during the day. A couple of hours will keep the batteries up.

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote