Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
Bob Landry

Electrical Panel Issues

There have been several post relating to the problems with the distribution panels being used in the Cougars. Would someone tell us who these panels are manufactured by? I'm just curious

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Bob, Are you talking about the electrical distribution panel or the accessory control panel that doesn't have any switches that has to be powered off to reset?

I wasn't aware of problems with the electrical distribution panel (converter/breaker panel)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
Bob Landry

I thought it was the control panel but I guess I'm not sure. I read where some buyers had theirs built with the rocker type panels instead of touch panels, so I just assumed it was a distribution panel.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I wasn't sure if you had identified a "new problem" with the electrical distribution panel (circuit breakers) or if you were referring to the panel that's been a problem, the one that controls the water pump, HWH, awning and slides... The "switchless" accessory control panel that is failing is in the Cougar High Country and possibly in older Half-Ton series/X-Lite models. The newer X-Lite trailers have the panel with switches. I'm not sure that many of the lightweight Cougars even have the problem panel.

From what I hear, the problem panel was distributed by the Lippert "conglomerate of companies" and I'm betting it was made in China. I haven't heard anyone say whether there's a "brand name" sticker somewhere on the back, but the front only has the Keystone Cougar logo.

If there's any link to the manufacturer/distributor, it would have to be on the back side or possibly inside on a circuit board..... I haven't seen anything to indicate who made it. Maybe someone has snooped at their panel and has some information?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote