Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
chartrand

Is there a Black Water cleanout on the 238ML?

Is there a Black Water cleanout on the 238ML? I'm unable to find it on any of the spec sheets.

Thanks
Pat
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
CincyGus

Only had mine 2 weeks so no expert here but was not told about one during the walkthrough and have not discovered one on my own. Believe we are looking at a case needing a Swivel-stick

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...vel-stik/15716

I have not bought one yet. We usually go where there is at least water hook up or access to a water spigot on the campsite loops road. My plan is to run water from the tub/shower to the toilet to drain the fresh water tank and maximize the water in the black tank. We'll see how that goes. May have to add more water to the black tank from the spigot in the campground prior to going to the dump statin on the way out. Nearly full black tank is your friend from what I've read so far on the subject.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Keystone Passport Express SL 238ML

My Camper and Mods https://s606.photobucket.com/albums/t...sport%20238ML/
CincyGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
PC70

Try this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RV-D...sh-Pro/7964401. I've used something similar for the past 2 seasons. Works great, get to visually inspect the level of cleanliness (the 9yo son likes to watch this part), and it's a lot cheaper than what is sold at camping world. Word of caution, pay attention to the tank levels, you can overflow your toilet.
PC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #4
BoosTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC70 View Post
Try this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RV-D...sh-Pro/7964401. I've used something similar for the past 2 seasons. Works great, get to visually inspect the level of cleanliness (the 9yo son likes to watch this part), and it's a lot cheaper than what is sold at camping world. Word of caution, pay attention to the tank levels, you can overflow your toilet.
This is also what I use. I didn't know they sold it at walmart. I got mine from amazon. Works well. Kinda gross to see "it", but it really helps. Nice to know when it's almost empty too, as you can see the last few drips.

I wouldn't even think of using one of those wand things. Looks like a lot of work and might damage something.
BoosTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
Bob Landry

At least once a week someone posts, asking if their black tank has a flush-out. The new Keystone owner's manual, generic as it may be, references this on page 52. It begins with, "If equipped....". That's the givaway. It may or not be there. It won't be on any of the spec sheets, so that necessitates reading the owners manual, which everyone should do anyway. If it is there, it will be close to the bathroom(that's where the black tank is located), there will be a city water connection(white plastic hose connection) and a decal with instructions stating that the dump valve must be open. Maybe one of the Mods would like to sticky this.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoosTT View Post
I wouldn't even think of using one of those wand things. Looks like a lot of work and might damage something.
I wouldn't use one either. I'm not going to drag a water hose through my trailer, clean or otherwise.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
Hunter757

I have used the Flush King for years and never had a problem. The new 5er has the black wash built in but I still use the flush king worth every penny. Use it on the grey tank as well its amazing what food goes down the drain. Kids

Good luck and Happy Camping.

2008 F350 4x4 LB CC 6.4 twin turbo PSD
Prodigy P2 brake controler
Hijacker 16K Double pivot ultra
2007 Montana Mountaineer 307RK
New to us on 8/12/2011:
Hunter757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
At least once a week someone posts, asking if their black tank has a flush-out. The new Keystone owner's manual, generic as it may be, references this on page 52. It begins with, "If equipped....". That's the givaway. It may or not be there. It won't be on any of the spec sheets, so that necessitates reading the owners manual, which everyone should do anyway. If it is there, it will be close to the bathroom(that's where the black tank is located), there will be a city water connection(white plastic hose connection) and a decal with instructions stating that the dump valve must be open. Maybe one of the Mods would like to sticky this.
For me I was asking becaue it's one item on my list of Must Haves in a new TT purchase. Since the Passport dealer is a ways away, I thought I would simply ask the question here on the forum to see if an owner of one could tell me. Sorry Bob, I don't mean to be a pest, I did try searching Google, the spec sheets and even watched YouTube video to see if I could see it or not. It was almost a last resort that I made my post here asking.

-Pat
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
SteveC7010

Pat, on our Cougar, the black water flush fitting is on the same panel with the city water hookup. They are identical fixtures on the panel so it's important to double check the labels when hooking up or dumping.

I suspect most of the Keystone product line is the same. If there is a black flush, it will be real near the city water connection.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #10
Zeb

No Black Tank Flush on Passports

There is no black tank flush on Passports. Just spent this Saturday at a dealer (Pete's RV in Burlington, VT) looking a 2910 BH over. Made the purchase (YOHOO!!!!) but had to have the dealer install a black tank flush Price=$150. Knowing your black tank is clean=priceless!

...picking her up on April 27th! Can't wait!!!!
Poker (Lab/Golden mix)
TT Passport 2910BH
TV 2005 Dodge Durango V8 5.7 Hemi
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote