Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2017, 09:33 AM   #21
Dave W

I just ordered the Camco wrench set that John mentioned. If you read through the write up on AMAZON they say they work with the Camco Rhino Flex fittings along with their Revolution and hint that other brand hose fittings can be disassembled as well. I have some Revolution hoses though one length is leaking along with a new Rhino Flex system. The Amazon reviews say they work anywhere from great to being a piece of junk.

I also looked at the Valterra JR version and those reviews were pretty bad.

If they turn out to be junk --- $12 bucks wont hurt too bad (they went up in price today) and will join that big box of 'stuff' left over from 40+ years of owning RVs.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:12 AM   #22
Webefulltime

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
The new ('17) Sun Seekers use a sewer hose that has two locking levers like on aircraft fuel hoses. I will find the brand and try to post a pic in the morning.

Found it, made by lippert:

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...FQ9EfgodtA4DWA
During my years of trucking I used this type connection on tankers to deliver diesel, chemicals, liquid oxygen, etc. This makes for a very good connection but please know they were made from metal not plastic like these and they sometimes took substantial strength in the hands/fingers to connect or disconnect.
Webefulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 03:09 PM   #23
SummitPond

I'm with Dave W; a small investment if it works well (or even slightly well, as what I'm doing now with my bare hands varies! http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/ima...es/biggrin.gif)

I got the local CW to honor the on-line price; they wanted to charge $9 versus the $6.82 on their web page.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:00 PM   #24
Todd727

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShacterShack View Post
I'm with Dave W; a small investment if it works well (or even slightly well, as what I'm doing now with my bare hands varies! http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/ima...es/biggrin.gif)

I got the local CW to honor the on-line price; they wanted to charge $9 versus the $6.82 on their web page.
Of course, they could have let you order it and pay the $8 in shipping.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:11 PM   #25
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Do you think these strap wrenches would work?? comes in different sizes

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/p...FZKIswodwDwAhg
I have to admit that I use one of these in the kitchen for opening jars. It sure is less painful and less swearing then trying to open jars with my hands.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:14 PM   #26
Dave W

Update on my freshly arrived Camco Sewer Fitting wrenches.

Let the buyer beware!!

On the tie wrapped shipping 'device' there are the words "Disconnect any sewer fitting with ease!"*

Notice the asterisk - as in the fine print and carefully located under the wrenches it says "Works with any bayonet or lug Rhino, Revolution or Easy Slip Fitting".

Now, with that said, will it work on Valterra or other fittings too? At this writing, nary a clue as I can't get to the tub of hoses and fittings, including some Valterra, due to a fresh snow pile, but suspect they will work.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #27
BuxCamper

I'm going to watch this thread. Even some of us younger RV'ers have had trouble with the sewer hose disconnects. Maybe it's because I didn't want to kneel in dirt or mud or I was just too tired but more than once I've fought to put a sewer fitting on or take it off.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote