Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
Fred5977

CATV / OTA problem

I'm hoping someone on this site can help. I have a 2010 Keystone Laredo. Last season I suddenly noticed that I had no signal from either a cable connection OR the antenna. I've been trying to troubleshoot and I'm baffled. The antenna booster seems to be working correctly, and as a last resort I bought another one just to make sure. I've tested each cable for continuity and they all test fine. I have a Jensen flat panel and a wingard antenna, but as I said, I'm not getting anything via cable or antenna (yes I know you have to have the booster off for cable).

I'm stumped. Any ideas?
Fred5977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Is there any possibility that your TV set is not "in sync" with your antenna? If you are getting a "No signal" message, the TV set may have to go through a "set up" procedure so that is able to receive signals. When you move from one area to another, sometimes it is necessary to go through this set up again.

Each TV set has a different procedure so what works for me probably won't work for you. If you have a set up routine that you have gone through and it works, I'd start from scratch and go through this procedure again.

Some key words that I come across while doing my setup are "SOURCE', TUNER, SET UP, AUTO CHANNEL SEARCH, AIR, and CABLE.

Just a shot in the dark here - hope it helps.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
GaryWT

Yes, everyone's set up is a little different. In fact both my tv's are. I have to run setup every trip for my outside tv, air or cable, being sure the booster is off when on cable. The inside tv has to have setup run every time I turn it on so that can be a bit of a pain, that is at least once a day everyday. Anyway, one thing to try is to bring the cable inside and connect it directly to the tv, if it works then it is the trailer cable wiring, if it does not, it seems to be the tv.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
Fred5977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Is there any possibility that your TV set is not "in sync" with your antenna? If you are getting a "No signal" message, the TV set may have to go through a "set up" procedure so that is able to receive signals. When you move from one area to another, sometimes it is necessary to go through this set up again.

Each TV set has a different procedure so what works for me probably won't work for you. If you have a set up routine that you have gone through and it works, I'd start from scratch and go through this procedure again.

Some key words that I come across while doing my setup are "SOURCE', TUNER, SET UP, AUTO CHANNEL SEARCH, AIR, and CABLE.

Just a shot in the dark here - hope it helps.
Yep, guess I forgot to mention that. I've set the tv to antenna and selected auto scan, finding no signals. And I'm doing this in the same exact spot where I've received good signals in the past (my driveway).
Old 07-16-2014, 08:36 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred5977 View Post
Yep, guess I forgot to mention that. I've set the tv to antenna and selected auto scan, finding no signals. And I'm doing this in the same exact spot where I've received good signals in the past (my driveway).
Did you, by chance, forget to turn on the amplifier on the winegard booster?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #6
Fred5977

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Did you, by chance, forget to turn on the amplifier on the winegard booster?
No, booster is on when looking for OTA signals.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:21 AM   #7
hankaye

Fred5977, Howdy;

Have you seen a dark Blue British Police Call Box, in your local area
recently? If so, you've been kidnapped by DR. Who ...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote