Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #21
ThePressureIsOn

Holy crap, I thought that we had a lot of snow in Michigan! It looks like a giant mushroom!
ThePressureIsOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #22
parkgirl

Anson9110 are you in a park in Parry Sound? Looks like a great area. I guess that's about what my trailer looks like as far as snow. I was hoping that maybe the trees would have blocked some of the snow from piling up, but yours looks as if you even might have more trees around than we do and it hasn't stopped the snow.

Interesting for me to see how high the snow has come up to the top of the wheels. We have installed a walkout deck and the owner of the park advised us to remove several boards in front of the two doors so that snow doesn't pile up and then cause problems leaking inside when it melts. We only removed the first board because the second one had some screws that were stripped, so now I'm worried.
Let the pacing start...
parkgirl
parkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #23
Anson9110

Hey Parkgirl..

I didn't even think about the door leaking as I was so concerned about the roof! Haha! I purchased my trailer because I was tired of arguing with my brother about the cottage....it's on property that's been in my family for 40 years (had a smart Mom).
It's was -50 with windchill when I walked the 1km into the property to check on it but by then my hands were so frozen that taking that picture was not easy! I wanted to show everyone that helped me to worry less about the snow, and might be in the same situation, that everything looks ok so far. I hope it helped to ease your mind a bit......
Anson9110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #24
parkgirl

Anson9110, you are lucky to have such a smart mom. Looks like a great property.

And you shouldn't have to worry about the doors leaking unless you build a deck that's at walk-out level and then it's more of an issue. (unless of course we get so much snow that it goes way higher than the top of your wheels! ha ha, anything is possible this winter.) But also it's more of a worry for our trailer because it has sliding glass doors which I think have more potential to have leakage if there's a lot of snow piled up against them.

Anyway, thanks for your pic. Nice to see that. Did you try clearing any of that snow off, by the way, or did you decide to just leave it?
parkgirl
parkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #25
Anson9110

Hey Parkgirl..

Sliding glass doors!?!?!! Oh man, maybe I jumped into buying one without checking enough of them out! Very nice...
I didn't clean any of the snow off because it was -50 that day with the windchill, and kinda creepy being so deep in the woods all alone other than the coyote trails. Seems as though everyday I look at the weather and there is even more snow and highway closures every other day. I'm going back up as soon as it looks a little calmer and will post some more pics.
I'm thinking that once the temp gets above freezing for a few days with rain, I will get even more anxious and probably go up and shovel some snow off. I've even resorted to finding "live cams" in the Parry Sound area to keep an eye...!
Anson.
Anson9110 is offline   Reply With Quote