Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2020, 04:05 PM   #1
DJG

Lightbulb Speakers Or Sound connection

I have a summit television with very little sound adjustment. Even with the volume at max it does not work well. There is a Furrion that will play DVD's but sound does not go to speakers in the ceiling. Radio sound is perfect. Is there a connection missing from the television to the Furrion system?
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #2
Customer1

I had to run an RCA cord from the tv to the stereo. The RCA cord was with the owner's manual.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

You need to look at the RCA cable connections. DVD should play audio through the stereo speakers. TV may or may not play through stereo depending on cable connections.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #4
Bill-2020

Same issue here. My Option 1 is the rca cable to the stereo. Temp option 2 is I use an old set of dell computer speakers, plug them in the headphone jack behind the TV and the volume control on the remote now has command of the volume. I do keep the computer speakers turned up 1/3 the way, but the total volume is adjusted with the tv remote. And they sound very very good. They are set to the left and right of the tv in small cubby holes above the dinette table. I may just leave this “well enough” alone.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #5
DJG

Thank you for the options. I have old Dell speaker set and rca cable. Will try each option. Any clues as to how to best access the connection ports? Both are mounted in the ‘nose’ of the 5th wheel. No apparent access panel.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJG View Post
Thank you for the options. I have old Dell speaker set and rca cable. Will try each option. Any clues as to how to best access the connection ports? Both are mounted in the ‘nose’ of the 5th wheel. No apparent access panel.

What model is your 18 Cougar?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:04 PM   #7
Gobirds38

I use a sound bar for TV and Stereo, it fits under my TV and has much better sound.

2020 Keystone Passport GT 2521RL 30 FT.
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH 1000 LBS Bars.
2016 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 4X4 All Terrain V8 5.3
Gobirds38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:35 PM   #8
Customer1

I have a different model but I had to remove the stereo from the cabinet to attach the RCA connections.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

^^^^x2. OP I asked about the model number of the Cougar so we could see how it is laid out. I've never had a receiver that did not come out so you could access the back of it....but maybe there's a first??
Old 06-24-2020, 05:05 PM   #10
DJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
What model is your 18 Cougar?
367FLS. With fireplace in front of retractable television
Old 06-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Your trailer seems to have the same Furrion unit I have (cheap). It is a double DIN front with a single DIN cutout behind it. Pop the faceplate off the bottom half, remove the mounting screws and pull it out. All the connections are right behind it. I would look at everything that is connected, where it is supposed to go and what it is actually connected to - usually wrong.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:45 PM   #12
DJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Your trailer seems to have the same Furrion unit I have (cheap). It is a double DIN front with a single DIN cutout behind it. Pop the faceplate off the bottom half, remove the mounting screws and pull it out. All the connections are right behind it. I would look at everything that is connected, where it is supposed to go and what it is actually connected to - usually wrong.
I will check it and let ya know how it works out. Thanks for telling me which panels to work from.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #13
DJG

Quote:
I will check it and let ya know how it works out. Thanks for telling me which panels to work from.
I was able to remove the furry on radio. It was tough the screws are stripped. I will need new ones to put it back. Found settings for DVD sound to speakers. I can plug in the correct audio in cable for audio from television. However the audio out, on the television, is, behind the mounting bracket and not accessible. Any ideas??? On how to access that?
Old 06-25-2020, 02:51 PM   #14
donsantell

I suspect you have a Furion radio or audio unit to go with the TV. Using your remote you can get the face of the radio to say AV-IN. This will put the sound through the speakers. Look up the manual for the particular Furion player you have and there will be instructions on how to do this.
donsantell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:27 PM   #15
DJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsantell View Post
I suspect you have a Furion radio or audio unit to go with the TV. Using your remote you can get the face of the radio to say AV-IN. This will put the sound through the speakers. Look up the manual for the particular Furion player you have and there will be instructions on how to do this.
I will try that too. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:59 PM   #16
LewisB

Quote:
I have a summit television with very little sound adjustment. Even with the volume at max it does not work well. There is a Furrion that will play DVD's but sound does not go to speakers in the ceiling. Radio sound is perfect. Is there a connection missing from the television to the Furrion system?
Our 2018 Raptor has different TVs and stereo, so this may not be useful. However, in our system you can route the TV sound through the stereo by selecting the "input" from a variety of sources (radio, TV, back stereo, front stereo, DVD/BlueRay, etc.). So check your stereo and see if it has multiple sources for input - the wires might already be there (as they were in our Raptor).

Hope that helps.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:37 PM   #17
DJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisB View Post
Our 2018 Raptor has different TVs and stereo, so this may not be useful. However, in our system you can route the TV sound through the stereo by selecting the "input" from a variety of sources (radio, TV, back stereo, front stereo, DVD/BlueRay, etc.). So check your stereo and see if it has multiple sources for input - the wires might already be there (as they were in our Raptor).

Hope that helps.
Yes the radio has input that can be from the TV. But the TV sound out is misssing the cable. I have a cable. But the port is not reachable. Still trying to find a way to connect the cable.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:10 AM   #18
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Yes the radio has input that can be from the TV. But the TV sound out is misssing the cable. I have a cable. But the port is not reachable. Still trying to find a way to connect the cable.
The TV and the stereo went in, they can come out. The radio's typically have a trim ring that you pry off to reveal the screws. Many of the TV mounts require lifting straight up. Look at the manuals for the install and reverse the procedure. Don't have the manual? Google the brand and model number you'll likely find it.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
speakers