Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2021, 07:14 PM   #1
Michael7S

Hello from California in our 2014 3495FL

This is our first 5th wheel and this forum has already been helpful.

We bought it a few weeks ago and will have to use it dry-camp (boondocking?) on weekends until we can get power back to the property.

You should have seen us hunting around with flashlights on our first night trying to find the switches to turn things on, run out the slides!

First night, I learned those two 87ah interstate marine batteries didn't last the night running the furnace lightly. So I ordered two "Vmax" 224ah 6v AGM batteries to install next time I'm up there. Boy they're heavy! I ordered one 100w solar panel and charge controller to keep topped off.

I found a 12v socket in the living room, and have hopes to route a 12v supply to somewhere near the kitchen table. Hope it isn't too hard.

I hope there are a few other 3495FL owners here who I can ask some newbie model-specific questions of.

Thanks for the forum!

-Michael7S
Michael7S is offline   Reply With Quote