Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2022, 07:05 PM   #1
JRTJH
Site Team

Harbor Freight Repair Parts List

It looks like Harbor Freight has finally entered the modern world. In the past, replacement parts were either impossible to obtain or took forever to locate, and then even longer to ship. Seems that many people either gave up and bought a new item or forgot that they even needed to repair a broken HF tool.

Hopefully, that's changed with their new department, an online, in stock parts service. Here's the link to the HF webpage for replacement parts: https://www.harborfreight.com/parts?..._Engaged&plcc= and, you can download the current listing here: https://manuals.harborfreight.com/ma...ment_Parts.pdf and apparently this listing will be updated on a frequent basis.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 02:50 AM   #2
LHaven

Over the past 3-4 years, they've made great progress in growing from a shop full of mostly Chinese junk to a store that offers some competitive tools at the low price ranges. i'm a frequent flyer.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:48 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

They still carry mostly Chinese products... I have a very old compressor and have replaced the electrical motor several times using HF motors: these are "Smith & Jones" and the Central Pneumatic compressor pump several times mainly as no parts are available (gaskets, etc.) There still are no parts for these items. Both motor and pump came with parts lists that no one in this country has.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:14 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

Just got the email this morning. I will say the quality of some of the tools offered has seemed to improved, at least the ones I use. I have Dewalt 20V XR drill and 1/4" driver. bought the Bauer 20V brushless about 3 years ago. It has fallen off at least 4 trailers/motorhome roofs and the only thing that happened was the battery went for a ride across the floor. Still driving screws without complaining

I am finding the Maddox line of auto tools is holding up as good as anything else I have bought. I use these things EVERY DAY.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:39 AM   #5
rhagfo

Well with Harbor Freight you know what you are buying, and have set expectations. Hand tools, sockets, wrenches, I still buy Craftsman. That said if I am looking for a limited use tool, HF is the answer. Many times the tool is as cheap as renting, and now you have it.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:42 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Well with Harbor Freight you know what you are buying, and have set expectations. Hand tools, sockets, wrenches, I still buy Craftsman. That said if I am looking for a limited use tool, HF is the answer. Many times the tool is as cheap as renting, and now you have it.
I agree, BUT all my hand tools are HF and the ones at home are going on 25+ years old. Work hand tools are a young 12 years old.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:44 AM   #7
travelin texans

Haven't bought any big ticket items lately, but in the past on table saws, air compressor & something else I don't recall I paid for their 2 year replacement warranty that at the time was 1% of the price before tax & if there was an issue there were no questions ask "get another one!". Even Craftsmans warranty no longer exist UNLESS you've bought their "professional grade" tools.
I also agree in the past few the quality & durability of most all their stuff has improved 110%. With that said if I were a professional mechanic I doubt I'd buy some of their stuff, but for the DIY guy you can't beat'em.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 10:03 AM   #8
wiredgeorge

I keep a good supply of tools on my motorcycles and always use HF because if they are stolen; well, nothing much is lost. Craftsman has sort of lost its shine since they don't seem to be part of Sears. Most of my oldest professional hand tools are SK Wayne with some OLD Craftsman thrown in. Never bought any tools from the truck (Matco, etc) as they are just overpriced in my somewhat useless opinion.
Old 05-21-2022, 10:22 AM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I keep a good supply of tools on my motorcycles and always use HF because if they are stolen; well, nothing much is lost. Craftsman has sort of lost its shine since they don't seem to be part of Sears. Most of my oldest professional hand tools are SK Wayne with some OLD Craftsman thrown in. Never bought any tools from the truck (Matco, etc) as they are just overpriced in my somewhat useless opinion.

I have started buying more HF tools. I used to shy from them after buying some wrenches years ago that had so much slop in the ends that they would strip the corners off a nut/bolt of the proper size. I have tried some since and they fit well now.

Craftsman used to make some good tools. I don't remember the history (used to know) but they were bought out or something and everything they made was almost like the old HF stuff. They seem to have upped their game in the last couple? of years and I've bought a couple of things from them.

The "truck" tools used to come my fleet dept. and our mechanics bought from them; Matco, Snap On, Proto etc. Now I've got a plethora of tools of all kinds including those WAY overpriced truck tools. I'm kind of migrating toward letting HF provide what I need. I figure a "lifetime" warranty doesn't carry a lot of weight at my age.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 11:12 AM   #10
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
It looks like Harbor Freight has finally entered the modern world. In the past, replacement parts were either impossible to obtain or took forever to locate, and then even longer to ship. Seems that many people either gave up and bought a new item or forgot that they even needed to repair a broken HF tool.

Hopefully, that's changed with their new department, an online, in stock parts service. Here's the link to the HF webpage for replacement parts: https://www.harborfreight.com/parts?..._Engaged&plcc= and, you can download the current listing here: https://manuals.harborfreight.com/ma...ment_Parts.pdf and apparently this listing will be updated on a frequent basis.
thanks john….hope you made out ok with the tornado that hit Gaylord…thoughts and prayers to you and the community up there
Old 05-21-2022, 11:44 AM   #11
LHaven

Quote:
That said if I am looking for a limited use tool, HF is the answer. Many times the tool is as cheap as renting, and now you have it.
I used to be disappointed at the short lifetime of their angle grinders until I realized that they were only $8 on sale to replace. At that price, it's almost not worth changing the wheels on them!
Old 05-21-2022, 02:35 PM   #12
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I have started buying more HF tools. I used to shy from them after buying some wrenches years ago that had so much slop in the ends that they would strip the corners off a nut/bolt of the proper size. I have tried some since and they fit well now.

Craftsman used to make some good tools. I don't remember the history (used to know) but they were bought out or something and everything they made was almost like the old HF stuff. They seem to have upped their game in the last couple? of years and I've bought a couple of things from them.

The "truck" tools used to come my fleet dept. and our mechanics bought from them; Matco, Snap On, Proto etc. Now I've got a plethora of tools of all kinds including those WAY overpriced truck tools. I'm kind of migrating toward letting HF provide what I need. I figure a "lifetime" warranty doesn't carry a lot of weight at my age.
I have a Craftsman metric tap & die set I bought almost 50 years ago. Broke a tap about 20-25 years ago and went in and they just opened a set and gave me a new one. That was good business. Sears was bought out by KMart I think and then they divested the Craftsman name and a hardware store and box store now carry the stuff.
Old 05-21-2022, 03:31 PM   #13
markdol1

Yeah ,craftsman are now chinese too . Hold up an old wrench to a new one easy to see the lower quality!
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 05:35 PM   #14
Gegrad

Quote:
Yep, same here for basically 100% of your post.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 05:38 PM   #15
Gegrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
I used to be disappointed at the short lifetime of their angle grinders until I realized that they were only $8 on sale to replace. At that price, it's almost not worth changing the wheels on them!
So my dad realized the secret to getting a long life out of their angle grinders is to run them for 15-20 minutes without using them. Just hold them and run them with no pressure or force on them. He swears it helps break in the motors bettter and triples their life expectancy.
Gegrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 05:40 PM   #16
chuckster57
Site Team

Since they came with an extra set of brushes, I figured they weren’t meant to last. I do have one that is going on 10+ yrs old, but I don’t use it much.

Old 05-22-2022, 03:30 AM   #17
jasin1

harbor freight made a turn a couple of years ago when they started making and selling the vulcan and titanium line of welders…along with all of the supporting accessories and consumables. I looked at miller,hobart and lincoln welders but the titanium 200 did everything i need at a reasonable cost….they make a aluminum spool gun for the 200 that i recently purchased.
there are many videos on youtube about hf welders and they pretty much all say they are a great value and the quality is good.

The inverter generators they make are another good choice (i have one).

and finally Hercules line of small power tools are just about on par with dewalt
Old 05-25-2022, 09:29 AM   #18
Weldon

i bought a Bauer 18v drill, flashlight, shop blower, and now an air inflator/deflator that i keep in our TT. I use the drill for setup/takedown, the blower to blow off the rug, steps, and awning, and the inflator for TT and TV tires as well as pool floats, footballs, etc. I have 2 batteries that fit all 4 tools. I especially like the inflator. I was skeptical about it inflating the TT and TV, but it works quickly. Set the parameters, turn it on, and it will turn off once it hits the set PSI. Easy peasy.

I like the button on the batteries that provide the ability to see how much of a charge remains. Never bought Bauer before, but I honestly have zero complaints after a year of use.

https://www.harborfreight.com/20v-co...air+compressor

At home I have a much more expensive brand, but the stuff from HF has worked just as good if not better than my "old faithful" drill. It is what it is.
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 09:46 AM   #19
bsmith0404

I used to shy away from anything HF. The old rubber style bungie cords were good for about one use before they cracked and snapped. I had a Chicago belt sander that lasted about 15 mins. I did have a contractors table saw that lasted a long time, but was a bear to get it tuned properly.

I’m
Slowly changing my mind. The Bauer line seems to be a decent brand. I have a pressure washer (which did break after about 8 months, but was replaced under warranty. I also have a Bauer RO polisher. I was skeptical about it, but needed one to finish a job after the bearing went out in my Porter Cable. I actually like it better than the PC and it was 2/3 the price.

As for Craftsman, I still have a lot of their tools. Recently purchased a small set for travel. The 3/8 ratchet locked up on me after 2-3 uses. Took it back to Lowes, they just told me to go get the same one off the shelf. Swapped it out no questions asked. Not sure what they would do if I took one of my 30 year old ratchets in.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote