Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-15-2022, 03:52 PM   #1
tdav059
Junior Member
 
tdav059's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 4
New Member Hideout 177rd

Hello Gang, just joined the RV life. Myself and my wife are looking for pictures that anyone is willing to share …Springdale 1750rd / Hideout 177rd ideas, upgrades, etc.

Thanks gang…looking forward to RV life and helping someone in the future.
tdav059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 03:56 PM   #2
Camping family
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 545
Welcome n enjoy
__________________
Bob/Kay
Jacksonville, Nc
2020 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel 29 rks
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 08:16 PM   #3
wrvond
Senior Member
 
wrvond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Leon, WV
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdav059 View Post
Hello Gang, just joined the RV life. Myself and my wife are looking for pictures that anyone is willing to share …Springdale 1750rd / Hideout 177rd ideas, upgrades, etc.

Thanks gang…looking forward to RV life and helping someone in the future.
Welcome!
We had a 2016 Springdale 1750RD Summerland Mini. Ours had the window air conditioner. A good idea on paper but a poor one in practice. The only mod I did to that camper was build a drip tray to try to direct the A/C condensation out through the vent. I did install a television, but nothing more I don’t think.
It did see a lot of use by the kids and held up well for what it was. It still looked new when we sold it in 2019.
It was our experiences with the rear dining in that camper that led us to choose the rear dining model of our new Cougar.
__________________
2022 Cougar Half Ton 24RDS
2017 F350 DRW 6.7L


wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:49 AM   #4
curtiscapk
Senior Member
 
curtiscapk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Overland Park
Posts: 164
We have a 2021 177rd. So far we've just added TV, Battery cutoff, and a propane griddle for outside. I just received a bunch of B-day gifts too. (Post to follow)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220306_115208.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	39771   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220426_171903.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	39772   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220305_151430.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	39773  
__________________
Craig and Paula
(Keith)
2021 Hideout 177 RD
2013 F150 5.0 2WD
Overland Park, KS
curtiscapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:58 AM   #5
wiredgeorge
Senior Member
 
wiredgeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Mico, TX
Posts: 5,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Welcome!
We had a 2016 Springdale 1750RD Summerland Mini. Ours had the window air conditioner. A good idea on paper but a poor one in practice. The only mod I did to that camper was build a drip tray to try to direct the A/C condensation out through the vent. I did install a television, but nothing more I don’t think.
It did see a lot of use by the kids and held up well for what it was. It still looked new when we sold it in 2019.
It was our experiences with the rear dining in that camper that led us to choose the rear dining model of our new Cougar.
If this is a standard wall A/C unit, the bottom acts as a drip pan and there will usually be a tube to drain the pan. What type drip pan did you fab? Assume it was because the condensation from the A/C wasn't evacuating outside the camper?
__________________
wiredgeorge Mico TX
2006 F350 CC 4WD 6.0L
2002 Keystone Cougar 278
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:05 PM   #6
tdav059
Junior Member
 
tdav059's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 4
Thanks everyone for your feedback ….It is truly a great community to be apart of. I will certainly upgrade a few things in the future.
tdav059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:42 PM   #7
wrvond
Senior Member
 
wrvond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Leon, WV
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
If this is a standard wall A/C unit, the bottom acts as a drip pan and there will usually be a tube to drain the pan. What type drip pan did you fab? Assume it was because the condensation from the A/C wasn't evacuating outside the camper?
There was no drain tube or opening in the pan. This only became a problem when the camper was in motion and the condensate sloshed out of the pan, down the wall, onto the counter and then to the floor. That pan could hold an amazing amount of water. I simply used aluminum flashing to catch the water and direct it out the exterior vent, which I think it was supposed to do in the first place, but typical fit and finish left a large gap between the pan and the vent.
__________________
2022 Cougar Half Ton 24RDS
2017 F350 DRW 6.7L


wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 04:58 AM   #8
flybouy
Site Team
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Joppa, MD
Posts: 10,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
There was no drain tube or opening in the pan. This only became a problem when the camper was in motion and the condensate sloshed out of the pan, down the wall, onto the counter and then to the floor. That pan could hold an amazing amount of water. I simply used aluminum flashing to catch the water and direct it out the exterior vent, which I think it was supposed to do in the first place, but typical fit and finish left a large gap between the pan and the vent.
If the a/c unit is not set high enough in the front it won't grain properly. If the trailer is set up win the a/c side higher then it won't drain properly. I couldn't understand why they installed them other than pure cost savings in the build. I suspected it wouldn't work out for these reasons and the realization after the "honeymoon" wore off the the a/c unit consumes a lot of very limited available interior space. I guess it "looked good on paper" to the bean counters at the time.
__________________
Marshall
2012 Laredo 303 TG
2010 F250 LT Super Cab, long bed, 4X4, 6.4 Turbo Diesel
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:30 AM   #9
wrvond
Senior Member
 
wrvond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Leon, WV
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
If the a/c unit is not set high enough in the front it won't grain properly. If the trailer is set up win the a/c side higher then it won't drain properly. I couldn't understand why they installed them other than pure cost savings in the build. I suspected it wouldn't work out for these reasons and the realization after the "honeymoon" wore off the the a/c unit consumes a lot of very limited available interior space. I guess it "looked good on paper" to the bean counters at the time.
Exactly! Not only did we lose very valuable storage space, but the floorplan put the A/C in a corner, so that the entire front of the camper would stay hot. I had to run a fan on the kitchen counter pointed toward the bed to keep it tolerable.
A centrally located roof A/C was apparently offered as a factory option which worked a whole lot better.
__________________
2022 Cougar Half Ton 24RDS
2017 F350 DRW 6.7L


wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 03:37 AM   #10
spicercars
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Saginaw Mn
Posts: 1,158
Welcome from northern MN.
__________________
05 Keystone Montana
99 Dodge One Ton Diesel Dually
spicercars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:25 AM   #11
bsmith0404
Senior Member
 
bsmith0404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Las Cruces
Posts: 3,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
I couldn't understand why they installed them other than pure cost savings in the build. I suspected it wouldn't work out for these reasons and the realization after the "honeymoon" wore off the the a/c unit consumes a lot of very limited available interior space. I guess it "looked good on paper" to the bean counters at the time.
Based on needed AC size vs square footage. However, what’s works on paper doesn’t always work in reality. As mentioned, they stuffed it back in the corner behind the bathroom so the air doesn’t circulate to the front (bedroom) area very well. A good upgrade for these units is a fan to blow the air to the front or a vent fan above the bed to suck the air to the front.

Depending on how long you camp and what type of weather, a 30 lb LP cylinder instead of the 20, or a double 20 lb setup would be better. Also, an electric jack (assuming they’re still using the crank style), and front stabilizers are all good adds to the minis.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hideout, new member

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.