Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2022, 05:16 PM   #1
Z71

Red face 24RDS adding a Progressive 50amp monitor

I would like to add an inline Progressive 50amp power monitor/surge protector unit. I know this will need to be mounted close to the power control center under the oven.

Don't know how much space is available under there, perhaps I can delete the lowest drawer directly to the right of the power/breaker center but that won't go over well with the wife.

I looked at the units that plug into the power pedestal then you plug into them but after looking into them carefully I found out they do not interrupt power like the internal progressive units do. I already lost my Dometic refrigerator control board at the Rincon Country West RV park in Tuscon AZ. We encountered a power surge that fried the refers control board plus popped the main circuit breaker in both my RV an a friends parked next door.

Apparently they had a vendor in the park working on the transformer that probably caused the problem they promptly denied. Needless to say they told me to pound sand, $180.00 bucks later we were back online.
So with that said, I had the progressive inline unit in my old RV and it always served me well cutting the power when things were bad. I will see if there is a way to install the unit in the Cougar. Anyone who has any insight on this please chime in.