Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2020, 04:59 PM   #81
Ribtip

The new ram 3500 is 4600 max payload depending on model. On the srw the leaf's are the difference . Yes the drw has more. I think you hit on all the points i made. Never did i mention air bags.
Ribtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 07:38 PM   #82
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribtip View Post
The new ram 3500 is 4600 max payload depending on model. On the srw the leaf's are the difference . Yes the drw has more. I think you hit on all the points i made. Never did i mention air bags.

I'm not sure what your point is; you can make a 2500 into a 3500; I can make an F150 into an F450...but they're still not legal. So again, what is the point? We have tons of new folks trying to just figure out how to figure basic weights to be safe. Is there something you are providing those folks that want to abide by established, posted (stickered), mandated weights?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 12:49 AM   #83
notanlines

“ knowing the difference , allows someone like me to Litterally convert a 1/2 ton into a 3/4 or 1 ton depending on certain things.”
To all newbies out there in this forum, this is the type individual we all fear on the highway. I simply cannot describe how preposterous this statement is.
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:15 PM   #84
rvwonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSZweifel View Post
We recently (6 weeks ago) bought a 2021 Cougar half ton 29MBS and yes we can pull it with a Ford F-150 half ton diesel without a problem. We love the Cougar and found it to have many up grades others don’t have. It has a few minor things that need to be fixed but we have learned from others that they all have things to be fixed in them no matter the price. Ours has a rear kitchen we love that has a lot of counter space and also a middle bunk room. Also has a really good size shower. We really love it, don’t think you can go wrong buying it.
Nice. love the 29MBS floorplan with mid room. Can the shower space hold a portable washer?
rvwonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:32 PM   #85
Ribtip

You guys are funny you read parts of things all the time. Did i not say 3x it is illegal to pull over weight or moding a truck does not make it legal. Dont fear me on the highway im legal. Newbies do not turn a f150 into a 450 this is very dangerous and illegal do not listen to this statement beware beware. Read you door sticker and do your math.see now your telling people to turn a 150 into a 450 thats just not right.
Ribtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:37 PM   #86
wiredgeorge

James, You will see that on this forum, like most, there are folks with whom it is not productive to get into arguments. A discussion is exchanging ideas and each party willing to listen to the other(s). This thread has turned into an argument that has gone for awhile and might be good to put to bed. Most of the folks here are trying to be helpful and some just can't say it once and leave it but kind of beat a dead horse. I am guilty of this myself. I have found that if you can't sway the other party or parties to your point of veiw, it only creates bad feeling to continue to push that point of view. This ain't aimed just at your but everyone on the planet. This hose is dead.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 05:55 PM   #87
lt2208

2011 Cougar 326MKS frame

I was looking under my trailer and the underbelly is sagging in some places. Has anyone had this problem, and what did you do to fix it. Also does anyone know how far apart are the cross beams on this trailer, is there a standard spacing ( like 16", or 24") on center. Thanks great group here.
lt2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 06:49 PM   #88
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt2208 View Post
I was looking under my trailer and the underbelly is sagging in some places. Has anyone had this problem, and what did you do to fix it. Also does anyone know how far apart are the cross beams on this trailer, is there a standard spacing ( like 16", or 24") on center. Thanks great group here.
There isn’t any standard spacing, but there might be one or two in different locations depending on tank placement. You could add cross members, just take enough screws out on the edge of the underbelly and see what’s there and what could be added.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel