Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
TimSal

Cougar 27 RKS 2nd battery location?

Keystone's specs say there is space for a 2nd battery. I don't see any space to add a 2nd battery to my 5er. Does anybody have any advice to where the 2nd battery space is on a cougar 27 RKS? Thanks.

My battery is located in a compartment on the right front with its own door. The battery has a hood that fits over it with vent a hose. It I open the compartment door that goes across the front, that faces the truck tailgate, there is plenty of room in there, but not the battery compartment.
TimSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

I have two 6v batteries and they are in the front storage compartment. Not sure where your single battery is presently located but there is plenty of room for at least 2 batteries in that storage compartment at the front. I am sure that is where the batteries should be located in any case - close as possible to the front jacks and the slide motor.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:02 AM   #3
cpaulsen

battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSal View Post
Keystone's specs say there is space for a 2nd battery. I don't see any space to add a 2nd battery to my 5er. Does anybody have any advice to where the 2nd battery space is on a cougar 27 RKS? Thanks.
I have 2 batteries in the front storage on my 24' Cougar.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

My single battery is located in the front opening storage area and vented to the front. The wall in between is only plywood so you could easily put the second battery in front and tee into the same vent. I put my inverter in the basement and went through the plywood wall with the wires which would be the same as the second battery. JM$.02
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
fiddlinrver

2nd battery

We bought our fifth wheel without the 12 volt battery and hubby bought 2 - 6 volt Trojans and a dual battery box. We put it in the same area where the single box was - the front bay, driver's side, and used the same venting tube set up for the original box.

He put a 2x2 frame box snuggly at the bottom of the batteries, screwed to the floor, and a velcro strap around the box to be sure batteries don't wiggle around in motion.

Dianne