Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
azlee56

expanded queen bed (double mattresses)

Our montana came with a double mattress setup that makes to be a expanded/olympic size queen. One side is 36 x 80 and the other side is 30 x 80 (my side). It is fine but I hate when I turn over and hit the seams of the mattress. I can't find a pad of that size for a decent amount of money. They want a fortune for these and they are like mattress covers, not pads.

Has anyone else ran into this and have any ideas how to cover the seams comfortably?
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
allentx1

First look at bed/bath and beyond for the king size bed makers (take 2 twins and puts a connecting strip between them to avoid the seam issue). Next I would consider buying a foam topper at least 4 inches thick. Once you put the flat sheet on you shouldn't feel the seam.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2010 Ford F-250 6.4l Power Stroke 2wd
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Austin Texas area
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
azlee56

expanded queen size

Thanks, I never heard of doing that before. I guess I could get a king pad and cut it down too. (????). Little ole homemaker I lack at, but can clean corrals really well!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
mhs4771

Did you buy the Montana new or purchase it gently used?? I haven't heard of anyone with a Montana having a split mattress. They all have either a Queen 60x80 or King 72x80. So it sounds like either a Dealer pulled a fast one or the previous owner did some weird mod.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
azlee56

It was used and the salesman said "oh they are doing that because people like different types of mattresses" lol. Then I found out they were different sizes to become that. Not sure who did it, but someone did. It has an expanded base board on it. I wasl looking at it trying to figure out if it was suppose to be like that or not. They hydraulics go on it and if it wasn't there, there wouldn't be a board. I guess that is how they come. (??).

I am not sure a king would fit in there, tell you the truth.