Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
charltons

We also boought the extended warranty on our TT. Dealer wanted 2200.00 for it but after bringing in deal from other dealer we got it included in our purchase price. Had 1 on my motorhome years ago that paid off very well as we had major engine issues develop. I dont think I would have bought it on the TT had it not been included, but who knows maybe it will pay off.....parts are relatively inexpensive, but the labor is the real killer on any repair....
Old 03-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
fivergeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
Hi all Having been in the automotive industry for ever,yep i am old, most dealers sell the after market warranties for 2+grand they pay less than 700. for that. it is one of the highest singel point proffets a dealer can make. I think hank said it earlier that take the 3 grand stick it in the bank and finance your own warranty repairs after the factory warranty expires. that money will go along way if you can do the repairs. just my opinion
This is good advice from an expert! I purchased a new Montana 3402-RL yesterday and declined the extended, after-market warranty. They aren't worth the paper they're written on. Google the name of the Warranty administrator and you will most likely find it is one of many names they are doing business under depending upon what state it is written in. Then google complaints they have gotten under the main corporate name. I did this on an automotive aftermarket policy I was offered and I scrolled through page after page of complaints until I just got plain tired of reading the horror stories. It seems that nothing that ever goes wrong is ever covered. It's a total scam. That being said, I recently purchased a GM Major Guard policy that extended the bumper-to-bumper warranty on my low mileage 2007 Chevy 3500 dually diesel tow vehicle another 4 yrs. or 48,000 miles. In the past 5 yrs. we only put 30K on it so I figured it was worth the $2,500.00 for the extra coverage. If Keystone offered a factory extended protection plan, I would be interested, otherwise, no deal.
fivergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #23
SAABDOCTOR

I already posted my feelings on these waraanties. but on the repair center side.I had a customer with a well know brand of warranty. I fixed the car called thw warranty company got aprroval and auterization # faxed everything over customer paid his deductable. now the trouble starts. i have yet to get paid by the company loads of excuses. took to long to fax the claim. 25 min. worng amout claimed warranty expired on and on. i thought that since the company headquaters is in our town i would not have an issue quess not
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #24
Festus2
Site Team

Something tells me that any "factory extended protection plan" that might be offered by Keystone wouldn't be any better than the rest and would have just as many exclusions in the fine print as the rest of them do.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #25
michael

warrenty

I did not purchase the extended warrenty,

I figured why buy something it already has,

And when the one year warrenty is almost up i will consider purchasing one, Over $2,000 still in my pocket, Not theres.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #26
allentx1

Like a few have mentioned on this post, you will likely do a much better job of repairing anything that breaks. Parts can be expensive if you stay with the same part, I usually upgrade and get better quality and cheaper price using something from HomeDepot or internet. I also would think you could do alot with $2K in repairs, most of which are not catastrophic. My opinion would be not worth the money or the hassle of following the "rules" and "guidelines" to make claims.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2010 Ford F-250 6.4l Power Stroke 2wd
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Austin Texas area
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote