Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
mike76cj7

stick on levels

just got some stick on levels befor i put them on i need to level the trl. where wood you put the level on the flour,counter, back bumper,trl hitch ect.so its level befor i stick them on and where wood stick them.thanks for any info, mike
Old 08-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #2
ftwildernessguy

I stuck mine on the battery bracket on the tongue after making sure the trailer was level with a carpenter's level.
ftwildernessguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:25 AM   #3
Terrydactile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike76cj7 View Post
just got some stick on levels befor i put them on i need to level the trl. where wood you put the level on the flour,counter, back bumper,trl hitch ect.so its level befor i stick them on and where wood stick them.thanks for any info, mike
Some say to level the fridge then put your levels on. They do it this way because the fridge will fail if its run out of level. I leveled mine by using the floor its plenty close enough for the fridge.

I stuck the levels on a bracket for the battery box (side to side) and on the tongue (front to back). After I was satisfied they were correct I attached them with screws because they will move if bumped. Using screws was the primary reason for locating them where I did so I wouldn't be putting holes in the skin.

The ones I used specified which level went where, side to side and front to back.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #4
twoclaws

Rather than stick on bubble Levelers I've used a carpenter's level across the back bumper of the TT, Then move it to the tongue to set the height of the hitch. I've now purchased small torpedo bubble levels from Harbor Freight for 49 cents on sale. Each has a magnetic strip on the bottom. I'll set one on each end of the bumper and one one along the hitch area. For a $1.50 (on sale for 3)the price is right, they are smaller than the carpenters level and I can throw them in the tool box.
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
f6bits

I’d like to attach mine to the skin. They came with double-stick tape, which I discovered isn’t very twist-proof. Can I put them on with a bit of silicone glue? Or is there something better?

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
SLIMSHADIE

I put mine on the skin, using the tape, then siliconing the gap after that. So far, holding up very well after 2 1/2 years. I did put mine on the drivers side fronts, right above the transition moldings of the front diamond plate and side skirting. I wish I would of bought the bigger ones so I can see the sidexside one at least from the drivers seat.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #7
SteveC7010

Any auto parts store carries a double sided tape that is used to attach trim to the exterior of cars and trucks. That stuff will last for years and years even in the harshest weather.

Toss the stickum that comes with the levels and get a roll of the good stuff.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #8
f6bits

Ah, that super sticky stuff. I’ll swing by a parts store soon. The stuff the levels came with is definitely not good enough.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:36 AM   #9
Laredo291OH

If you have a travel trailer, get one of these. http://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-9715-0...3351110&sr=8-1 Works great and is adjustable, set your camper level, then use a small screwdriver to adjust the bubbles. It screws onto the tongue right at the jack, which is where you are at anyway. Gives you side to side and front to back. Also tells you which side is low and how much you need to raise it.
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #10
chuck&gail

I put level inside fridge. When it was level, I put stickon levels on outside near TT front right corner.

Gadget on tongue looked like a good idea, but never worked for me. Hoppy levels marked in inches per line make setup a one shot deal as Leveler Blocks are 1" each after first one which is 1.5".
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote