Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
volvosweetie

What are these pic included

My husband was wondering if these were the hot and cold water low point drains. They are located underneath the bathroom area, he wasn't sure if that was what they were and we were getting ready to winterize. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB270501.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	761   Click image for larger version

Name:	PB270499.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	762  

Ab & Pam
2006 Thor Grand Junction
2000 Ford F-450 dually Crew Cab
7.3 Diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvosweetie View Post
My husband was wondering if these were the hot and cold water low point drains. They are located underneath the bathroom area, he wasn't sure if that was what they were and we were getting ready to winterize. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yup, hot and cold low point drains.

You might find one more in the vicinity of the fresh water tank, and that will be the drain for it.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

The FW drain might be one similar to those low hot and cold water drain points shown in your photos or it might be a petcock type valve/faucet located directly underneath your FW tank. I have an '08 model and the FW drain is a petcock type.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:18 AM   #4
volvosweetie

thanks so much guys. I don't know why they don't put things like that in the manuals. It is so good to have you guys here to ask. We appreciate all the help. Thanks so much.
Ab and Pam

Ab & Pam
2006 Thor Grand Junction
7.3 Diesel
Old 11-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
Outbackmel

Manuals

Poor at best. For 99.9% of us; DIY is a necessary evil. Not because of cost, but convenience. It would change my opinion of RV'ing IF I had to run 52 miles to the RV; hook it up and drag it to some dealer who may or may not fix what I need timely.
Local "mobile" RV service in the mountains charge between $75 and $125 just to come to your RV and then; and then; "along came Jones"
An excellent manual; even if you had to pay for it as an option would be a welcome product enhancement.
My Harley Davidson is a prime classic example. If you wish to do anything other than a spark plug change, oil or filter; better pony up the $$ and buy a detailed manual. (At least they are available).
I think for RV's, we know the answer from this forum. Like a classic work of art, we each own the ONLY ONE OF IT's KIND in existence....
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #6
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackmel View Post
I think for RV's, we know the answer from this forum. Like a classic work of art, we each own the ONLY ONE OF IT's KIND in existence....
If it is any consolation, this is not unique to Keystone. Sunline produced a great trailer and had some of the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. But their owner's manual was actually worse with very little info about the unit.

One thing they did do nicely was to provide a very large 3 ring binder with all of the appliance manuals, etc. punched and inserted.

Additionally, they did include a build sheet, appliance serial number list, inspection sheet, and a detailed floor plan. The floor plan showed only a bird's eye view and you still had to figure out if something was high or low or in between. But at least you knew where to confine your search.

One of the caveats of all this is: "If you buy a trailer from a dealer, new or used, insist on a detailed walk-through on delivery day by an experienced RV tech. Make sure they show and tell EVERYTHING in the unit. Take notes or pictures or videos or whatever!" A perfect example of all this was our own walk through. I told the tech up front that I was very experienced with RV appliances and systems so that what we really wanted from him was all the model specific stuff like how to get at that pesky water pump and where the low point drains were located.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
Bob Landry

Those are in fact, hot & cold low point drains. I replaced the screw-on caps on mine with valves that can be turned on and off without having to crawl under the trailer. With just a little efort, a couple of 90 degree fitings, and some tubing, they could be run out to the edge of the trailer and would be even easier to reach. I extended my outside propane connection for that reason.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #8
volvosweetie

Bob

That sounds like a good idea, my husband is also thinking about trying to get one of the sewer pulls to the outside edge of the camper. It is way back behind the other valve pulls.

Pam

Ab & Pam
2006 Thor Grand Junction
7.3 Diesel