Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #1
jd0706

TLC vs Air Lift 1000

I currently own a 2010 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi which tows my trailer great except one problem, considerable sag in the rear end while towing even with a Reese Dual Cam setup. Some Ram owners are using the Total Load Control and I have also seen feedback on the Air Lift 1000 airsprings that go inside of the rear coil springs on the Ram. I guess where I am at is the cost of the TLC system is about $600 + installation where as the Airlift is about half of that. I dont mind spending the money if it is worth it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated in closing this website has been a blessing and a curse with all the great information on here it has answered many questions I have had before asking them but seeing everybodys mods to there RV's makes me want to make many to mine.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #2
scuba0331

I just traded my 2011 1500 on a ram 3500 diesel!

I had TLC airbags which worked well. But the directions are terrible on the installation. The air compressor went bad after a month though they did replace it. Also, the airbag did contact the spring no matter how I clocked the spring.

I think the airbag, Goodyear, worked well. But TLC charges a premium for their product and everything they did was not impressive.

Checkout www.ramforz.com

They have their own vendor page.
scuba0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
So Cal CPA

I installed the air lift 1000 on my 2013 ram 1500 in about an hour. Fits inside the coil springs, no drilling or anything like that. Tow my 28rbs with it and works great. Plus only 100 bucks!