Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2020, 06:58 AM   #1
PADuramax

2013 Keystone Cougar back wall warranty?

Hello everyone, so I purchased a one owner Keystone Cougar recently. Upon inspection, I noticed what I would call delamination of the rear wall from the roof line to the bottom.

I went up on the roof and did not notice any issues with the roof or sealing around the edges etc. There's no indication of water leaking inside. The RV was well taken care of overall from what we can tell.

After reading that this could be an issue with 'free floating rear walls" I reached out to Keystone directly and they explained that my camper did not have a free floating wall. They also said that even though the camper is 7 years old, they may still cover a repair? They told me to take it to an authorized Keystone dealer and have them inspect it.

Now I'm slightly pessimistic about their claim of possibly covering it. I called Camping World locally and have an appointment for this Thursday although they said they never heard of Keystone covering anything that old under warranty. I also spoke to another local RV service center who said "unless Keystone is covering the $150 plus for inspection I wouldn't do it".

After reading Keystone's lack of customer service on this forum, I"m wondering if I'm wasting my time and money?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, as I said I don't see any leaks or evidence of past leaks anywhere inside or out except on the back wall?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3827.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	29257   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3828.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	29258  
PADuramax is offline   Reply With Quote